Neo

Shazam! | April 5, 2019 | 21st Most Profitable Film of 2019

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I think a 11-12 year old would be good, maybe 10 or 13 at a push. I think the kid who played Eddie in IT would be good but probably would be too old since he’s 14. They could get away with casting an unknown actor for Billy. 

I think they should probably cast a newcomer or something. The person who plays Billy needs to look very "young" at least, and act very energetic. 

1 minute ago, Fancyarcher said:

I think they should probably cast a newcomer or something. The person who plays Billy needs to look very "young" at least, and act very energetic. 

A newcomer would have less baggage as well. I wouldn’t be surprised if they cast someone who has been in a few movies but to me, Billy is tricky because he needs to be a kid but not so young that the transition to Shazam is silly. 

36 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

A newcomer would have less baggage as well. I wouldn’t be surprised if they cast someone who has been in a few movies but to me, Billy is tricky because he needs to be a kid but not so young that the transition to Shazam is silly. 

Someone preferably 11 to 12 years old would probably work. Hopefully they cast someone who is believable as a "heroic tough" kid anyway. 

• Like 1

I imagine this film will be a lot lighter compared to JL and Wonder Woman just because of the source material. If Shazam is a hit, I hope WB/DC do either Metal Men or Booster Gold/Blue Beetle as an action comedy, the former could do fun things with CGI and the latter could be like a Buddy movie

• Like 1

Looooove the casting.Really inspiring i would say but DAMN it works.Levi has eveeything it takes for the role.I think he will make an amazing job.I am really looking forward to this.

And i really hope Shazam! Somehow manages a 100M OW because then the DCEU could go 9 films ,given that Batman and WW2 will follow,without falling under the mark for OW (yes i am also cou ting Aquaman as an 10pM opener.....fight me)

Edited by TheDarkKnightOfSteel

4 hours ago, Jonwo said:

I imagine this film will be a lot lighter compared to JL and Wonder Woman just because of the source material.

You gotta check out the audition tapes.

Those make it look like a 10x better version of Spiderman Homecoming minus the romantic subplot

9 hours ago, aabattery said:

Josh Dallas must be kicking himself.

The funny thing is when they were first making Thor, they wanted Levi to be Fandrel. However, he was busy with Chuck, so they couldn't get him (or he had to pull out? I'm not sure), which meant they needed a close-to-last-minute replacement. Hence Dallas. (Who I always think of as Josh Dallas Howard, because of Bryce Dallas-Howard.) Anyway, when it came time to do the sequel, Dallas was tied up in OUAT, so they had to cast about for a replacement. Levi was done with Chuck at that point and could then be slotted in, the original choice becoming the replacement of the replacement.

• Like 3