Neo

Shazam! | April 5, 2019 | 21st Most Profitable Film of 2019

Thank the gods that Snyder won't be involved with SHAZAM. A "dark,gritty" Shazam would be a total disaster. Let's face it,Shazam has got to be kid friendly. Trick is to make it kid friendly without losing the adult audience.

I hope they keep Billy narrating the stories as in the classic Shazam comics.

Would not be surprised if there are a few jokes about the real life history of SHAZAM; that DC sued and won a lawsuit  for plaigairism against Fawcett ,Shazam's original publishers. Hard to deny that Shazam/Captain Marvel started his career as a pretty blatent Superman ripoff.

48 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Thank the gods that Snyder won't be involved with SHAZAM. A "dark,gritty" Shazam would be a total disaster. Let's face it,Shazam has got to be kid friendly. Trick is to make it kid friendly without losing the adult audience.

I hope they keep Billy narrating the stories as in the classic Shazam comics.

Would not be surprised if there are a few jokes about the real life history of SHAZAM; that DC sued and won a lawsuit  for plaigairism against Fawcett ,Shazam's original publishers. Hard to deny that Shazam/Captain Marvel started his career as a pretty blatent Superman ripoff.

VoLxJ.gif

Don't think it was ever officially confirmed, but Mark Strong will definitely play Sivana:):

''I'm playing an evil bastard called Doctor Sivana, they are always the best characters to play, the most fun. I was Sinestro in Green Lantern which I though was a rather good film but it didn't do what they wanted so I feel like I've got unfinished business in the DC world, I played a pretty evil character in that and he was meant to get even worse in the second one but that never happened but I think I'm going to get the chance to do that in 'Shazam!', I hope so.''

Mark Strong spills on Shazam! secrecy

• Like 3

I'm really happy this is moving forward. With Aquaman releasing this December, Shazam! in April 2019 and WW2 Nov 2019. it looks like Wb might have finally, finally found their stride. Just keep these films at those release dates and focus on making the best films you can rather then worry about making more movies. Zachery Levi is such a great choice for Shazam imo. the cast is looking pretty strong all round imo. 

• Like 3

I can’t shake having a bad feeling about anything DCEU related, despite Wonder Woman. Ugh.  

I hope James Wan knocks it out of the park with Aquaman. These properties need to build goodwill and momentum.  maybe it’ll be the spinoffs which carry the day. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lilmac said:

I can’t shake having a bad feeling about anything DCEU related, despite Wonder Woman. Ugh.  

I hope James Wan knocks it out of the park with Aquaman. These properties need to build goodwill and momentum.  maybe it’ll be the spinoffs which carry the day. 

I think the issue here is this seems like it's kind of following the same DCEU template. A director known for style over substance, a protagonist and actor who doesn't exactly seem likely to provide a very deep or nuanced character, etc. The underwater aspect is the only reason I'm not fully expecting another DCEU miss, because that has the potential to be something very unique and fantastical from a visual standpoint that audiences haven't seen before in really any blockbuster. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lilmac said:

Shazam I'm not too worried about because the concept is very appealing. 

6 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

I think the issue here is this seems like it's kind of following the same DCEU template. A director known for style over substance, a protagonist and actor who doesn't exactly seem likely to provide a very deep or nuanced character, etc. The underwater aspect is the only reason I'm not fully expecting another DCEU miss, because that has the potential to be something very unique and fantastical from a visual standpoint that audiences haven't seen before in really any blockbuster. 

Wan is a talented director and things like The Conjuring 1 and 2 got great reviews and even Fast 7 which had issues due to the death of Paul Walker was well received and proved he could handle big blockbusters. 

Momoa can do serious roles, he was good in The Red Road and Frontier so it's unfair to say he can't do deep or nuanced.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1