Moviefanatic

Wed Numbers from RTH (GOTG back on top)

at first I thought that EX3 will at least be salvaged by the OS inflated numbers..but alas it doesn't look good at all..the only way for an EX4 to happen is for China to pull a 200 mil $  :lol:

Even with a good BO gross, I think that Stallone didn't want to make an Ex4. This BO result just means that Lionsgate won't try to convince Stallone to change his mind.

• Like 1

John Carter is going to gross more than this thing domestically. I am shocked at this. I am sure that I will enjoy this film when I see it, but its BO performance has been bad.

Carter numbers would be great for the expendables at this point. Carter was a complete disaster because of it's budget. If it was made more $120m, still would be a disappointment but not a bomb.
  • Like 3

at first I thought that EX3 will at least be salvaged by the OS inflated numbers..but alas it doesn't look good at all..the only way for an EX4 to happen is for China to pull a 200 mil $  :lol:

I think Stallone would want to make EX5, 6, 7, 8.... If this performed.
  • Like 2

Carter numbers would be great for the expendables at this point. Carter was a complete disaster because of it's budget. If it was made more $120m, still would be a disappointment but not a bomb.

Carter made 284 mil WW

EX3 budget is 90 mil 

if EX3 pulled Carter numbers it'd be a success

• Like 1

I think Stallone would want to make EX5, 6, 7, 8.... If this performed.

No, he has said before that he'd like to end it at three.  And he has other things on the go.  He's already made another dramatic film with Oscar potential (from what I have read) and he just signed on to play a mobster.  The two films are called Reach Me and Scarpa.  Stallone has made more than enough money to last 20 lifetimes so this notion that he needs to make more Expendables films is not true.

• Like 4

No, he has said before that he'd like to end it at three.  And he has other things on the go.  He's already made another dramatic film with Oscar potential (from what I have read) and he just signed on to play a mobster.  The two films are called Reach Me and Scarpa.  Stallone has made more than enough money to last 20 lifetimes so this notion that he needs to make more Expendables films is not true.

I wonder if Expendabelles (the female version) will still happen.

• Like 2

I wonder if Expendabelles (the female version) will still happen.

Unless they sign Jolie, Bullock, and Johansson to star in it, they need to keep the budget under 10M if they want that movie to happen successfully.

• Like 1