TalismanRing

Weekend Numbers (IDEN $1.91m/ GOTG: $10.16m; #s pg 1 & 10)

Don't want to rain in the parade, but IMO BO.com's wknd estimate seems a little high coming off that Friday.

It's almost a 4 multiplier - so yeah kind if high especially with bigger Sunday drops now.  Also if it took a bit of a hit from Thur night football why would it be far more immune than others to the first football Sunday?

Yep, Sunday is going have some significant drops.

• Like 1

Those are some impressive jumps for the holdovers. Seems to point that Thursday was depressed. And the weekly holds are very good as well. That Forrest Gump PTA doesn't seem too good for IMAX only screens.

While I liked Forrest Gump, to me it doesn't scream "classic" movie and I've never really had any desire to watch it again. I certainly wouldn't pay to see it again, unlike Ghostbusters, which I happily paid my $6 to see last Saturday. :)

While I liked Forrest Gump, to me it doesn't scream "classic" movie and I've never really had any desire to watch it again. I certainly wouldn't pay to see it again, unlike Ghostbusters, which I happily paid my $6 to see last Saturday. :)

Forest Gump just doesn't scream must see it in IMAX format for me. I'll see it for matinee ticket price but not $19. JP Titanic and such yes. Edited by WileECoyote

I'm not sure the best place to put this, but someone finally wrote a decent article on how the film industry views the female audience

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/07/movies/fall-arts-preview-hollywood-has-realized-that-movies-starring-women-can-make-money.html

Women have been pouring significant amounts of money into movies for years, at an increasing rate as they've developed their own jobs/careers.   What has changed is their tolerance to pay for movies in which female characters are little more than a promise of sex for the male lead, or grown women who think and act like annoying adolescent minded twits.  Add to that a creative void that has hampered Hollywood for the past several years and studios had no choice but to aim their sights at demos other than 13-24 aged males.

• Like 4

I love Gump, but it's not something I need to see on the big screen again.

This Sunday, with the start of the NFL, the drops should be significant.

Get ready for some 45-50% drops:

http://boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/?sortdate=2012-09-09&track=batman3.htm

Edited by baumer

Oy, the dead of box office season is upon us.

It's sad the only thing I care about is GOTG passing the $300 million mark. Happy it'll get there. But sweet Jesus, it's not fun tracking movies now. I can't wait for Maze Runner.  Actually, I'm hoping Dolphin Tale 2 breaks out to $20 million or more. I did like the first one, and I might wait to see what others say if it'd be worth taking my son to. 

Just pretend it's 1950 and the numbers will look amazing.   :D

• Like 3