grim22

Baywatch | May 26 2017 | Dwayne Johnson, Zac Efron, Alexandra Daddario, Priyanka Chopra | First Trailer on Page 13

11 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Only $40M per Wiki...but that sounds really low.  It will be a moneymaker even if it tanks at that budget...

If that is the true budget can you imagine Johnson profit/revenue deal..... (if it is a first dollar gross deal, the movie can end up costing much more before reaching break even point).

It depend a lot of the world release the movie is getting, if it is getting the average typical studio release (like say the movie Sex Tape got) that around 70m and that had a total cost of around 138m for a 45 million budget.

Baywatch world franchise power + Johnson, it is hard to imagine that movie not doing 150m ww and turning a small profit (Johnson deal being an obvious possible exception).

So, spouse doesn't follow movies and reviews/tracking at all.  I piped up at dinner tonight that our planned date night movie was getting reviews of just 13%.  His immediate reaction - "That's great!  Either this will be really good or we can watch this like MST3K - we can't lose!"  I think he's more psyched to see this than he was before...only an MST3K fan!:)

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 3

I cant believe people will pay to watch this.

This seems like a movie to play on netflix or streaming with a bunch of guys and girls while drinking and eating to see some sexy abs and breasts at home and not pay attention in the other parts of the film.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tele Came Back said:

I think it looks funny enough. Dunno if I'll see it in theaters, though. 

To be fair, two hours of dick jokes and Zac Efron pose-acting sounds right up your ally. ;)

I'm still planning on seeing this. But it'll be with free passes. I'm not giving it a single cent from my wallet.

On 5/17/2017 at 8:16 AM, Krissykins said:

Looks like two critics from Empire here in the U.K. went to see Baywatch (most likely) last night: actually could be Rough Night. 

Nick De Semlyen: "Still shaking my head at the atrocious summer movie I saw last night" 

Chris Hewitt: "Yep. A true stinker. It's identity will be revealed in due course"

Kat Brown (Glamour) replied "I adored this summer movie and I laughed a lot" 

Lots of responses with gifs of The Rock and a lot of "I'll be ready" and "bay- bae" comments. 

Wait... one of the critics liked a comment about "Night" so it could actually be Rough Night. 

Looks like this might have been Baywatch after all.

3 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

This seems like a movie to play on netflix or streaming with a bunch of guys and girls while drinking and eating to see some sexy abs and breasts at home and not pay attention in the other parts of the film.

Well, for a lot of folks, if you wanna do that without parents and/or kids around, you'd go to the theater...they have everything you want, and fans who want to do the same:)...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

In fairness to BAYWATCH, you say this about approximately 95% of all movies. :lol: 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Well, for a lot of folks, if you wanna do that without parents and/or kids around, you'd go to the theater...they have everything you want, and fans who want to do the same:)...

True I can Get a large pizza two beers for the price of a movie ticket here though lol 

Its really becoming a turnoff to watching random movies.

Only for the big films now 

Edited by Lordmandeep

According to Variety the budget is $65m. 

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/box-office-pirates-of-the-caribbean-baywatch-1202441958/

"Paramount’s “Baywatch” is tracking for an opening at around $40 million at about 3,500 domestic locations for its first five days, although the studio’s guidance is in the low 30s. The action-comedy is a far smaller bet for the studio with an estimated budget in the $65 million range."

• Like 5

saw the trailer at the pictures again today and cringed heavy yet again. i've seen like five totally different trailers for this with different gags in all of them and they are all complete comedy graveyards. so all this to say when i came home and saw these reviews i was pretty surprised.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, debarr said:

According to Variety the budget is $65m. 

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/box-office-pirates-of-the-caribbean-baywatch-1202441958/

"Paramount’s “Baywatch” is tracking for an opening at around $40 million at about 3,500 domestic locations for its first five days, although the studio’s guidance is in the low 30s. The action-comedy is a far smaller bet for the studio with an estimated budget in the $65 million range."

That more realistic with that cast/(and I imagine some story rights to someone to pay) than the previous 40m figure.

Very close to 22 jump street net budget of 69.88 million, that movie needed around 121 million for Sony to break even (in a very domestic heavy scenario of 74m dbo 47m ibo) and a good return for the risk at 176m WW.

Edited by Barnack