Noctis

La La Land | Now Playing | Record-Tieing 14 Oscar Noms and Record-Breaking 16 BOFFY Noms

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

They're all fantastic, and I understand why some are preferring Audition. However, I feel it works best in the expository context of the film. Whereas CoS works a little better as a fully realized song and I think it's the best representation of the film as well. 

Audition reminds me of The Impossible Dream from The Man of La Mancha lyrically. 

The lyricists of La Land Pasek and Paul have a stage musical that's just opened on Broadway called Dear Evan Hansen which is meant to be excellent and Ben Platt, who was in the Pitch Perfect films is starring in it. It's nice to see the new generation of musical creatives like Lin Manuel Miranda, Bobby Lopez and Pasek and Paul have success both in theatre and film. 

40 minutes ago, filmlover said:

This is the greatest thing I've ever seen:

Why was he harassing her for no reason though. LOL she obviously wasn't into it. Is he one of those annoying youtubers? 

Edited by ban1o
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, ban1o said:

Why was he harassing her for no reason though. LOL she obviously wasn't into it. Is he one of those annoying youtubers? 

it's an actual show where he goes asking people questions randomly on the street. it's quite amusing.

Edited by Goffe

7 hours ago, ban1o said:

He has a show where the whole premise is him going up to random people on the street and asking them questions regarding current pop culture stuff

• Like 3

This was as good as I hoped it would be.

It was a sold out show on this theaters 3rd largest auditorium (the 2 biggest ones were showing Rogue one in AVX 3D).

This was probably the 2nd oldest crowd I've ever seen at the movies, at least 40% seniors, including a group of 16 who went together (they were chatting among themselves). Only opening day for The Help had a larger seniors audience at close to 90%.

This bodes well for legs, this is by far the toughest audience to get to go out to the theater.

I was seriously considering watching it again, but by the time the first show ended it was sold out for the rest of the night, except for the 10:30 show which was flashing "low seats", and this was at 2:50. I give it a rare 10/10.:wub:

• Like 4

On 12/23/2016 at 9:25 PM, ban1o said:

In all fairness...he comes off like an ass, and she comes off with the win.  Probably the intention?  I hope so.

I did laugh, and was cheering that lady on though.  I know who Emma Stone is though...she should catch up with her Asian actresses.

Edited by kowhite
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Incarnadine said:

2nd viewing in 2 days and it was even better the 2nd time.

This is such a fun movie to see in a packed house, I can see myself seeing it several more times while it's still hot and packing the theaters (especially with no "must see" movies coming out the next few weeks)

Somehow walking into this Christmas I thought I knew what I wanted to see...then I saw Rogue One and the only thing left I really want to see...is this.  The hype has got me.  I also like musicals (good ones fuck you Mamma Mia).

When this movie is high, it's really high. More than enough to gloss over what I thought was a pretty slack final third (Stone's solo performance aside).

Perhaps ironically the biggest hope for an audience this has is the youth market. It's really only old-fashioned on a surface stylistic level; its story has a lot more in common with modern indie romances.