CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

5 minutes ago, dudalb said:

We still don't know what is happening. Someone in another thread said to could just be Gunn not being thrilled with the Jenkins screenplay for WW3. Cavill has not been mentioned.

If it was entirely bullshit, Gunn would have debunked it aloud. As he has been doing for quite some time.

He's been... silent on Twitter this evening.

Just now, filmnerdjamie said:

If it was entirely bullshit, Gunn would have debunked it aloud. As he has been doing for quite some time.

He's been... silent on Twitter this evening.

Perhaps that’s because they’re waiting until next week to reveal their plans? THR was speculating. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

I have to ask, as I have no idea about legal things, but, if true, can Cavill and Seven Bucks go to court over this? 

But it sure feels like they were gaslighted.

He probably only signed a one picture deal for the cameo. 

8 hours ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

I have to ask, as I have no idea about legal things, but, if true, can Cavill and Seven Bucks go to court over this? 

But it sure feels like they were gaslighted.

Whatever he signed most surely has clauses in it that effectively say "We may choose not to make these projects -- these are OPTIONS."  He'd have no case unless they decided to actively disparage his personal character in the media...which obviously they will never do unless he gives them a Ray Fisher-style fight... 

Edited by Macleod

I'm torn:

On the one hand, I'd like for Henry Cavill to get to play the character the way he probably wanted to without the edgy Snyder "taint". On the other hand, Cavill's Superman is still associated the same dark grungy Snyder angst that turned off general audiences. So much so that the only way to get another Superman movie off the ground is to start from scratch with a new director, writer, and actor.

Just now, TestPattern said:

To be fair, he more than likely quit Witcher because he was a huge fan of Witcher and the writers of the show hated Witcher.

If the money was good he would’ve stayed. No actor has ever left a tv show or film because it wasn’t faithful to the books.

• Like 1