grim22

Wknd Estimates: Nolan = 50M | BH6 = 56M+(pg 72) (who cares, our forum lives!)

But the weekend estimate is pretty easy to come up with based off Friday numbers....we do it all the time.

Yeah I know it has become the trend for the past few years but still could be a difference in terms of which movie will win the weekend.

So many trailers have stolen Inception's musical cue that it's not even funny. A very influential trailer for sure.

On another note, my WWW needs to be reopened. IS opening to $50M is bad. It just is.

Agree with your first statement, disagree with the second. Again, IS was never opening to Inception #'s for a multitude of reasons (marketing not as grabbing as previous Nolan movies, poor release slot, no TDK sized momentum, Gravity stealing some of the space themed sci-fi thunder only a year ago, etc). That said, a WWW thread could be applicable if it starts having decreases on Sat and falls well short of 50m like I expect it could.

What does surprise me is BH6 possibly not opening to much more than WiR. It still could hit 60m given the anybody's guess nature of animated Sat bumps, but it probably won't. I thought that was like the floor for it with WDA's current momentum and the marketing for it.

I guess we just overestimated what Frozen was. I would image the next WDA film that features princesses or happens to be a musical with heavy female appeal will be for affected by Frozen.

• Like 1

I guess we just overestimated what Frozen was. I would image the next WDA film that features princesses or happens to be a musical with heavy female appeal will be for affected by Frozen.

Yeah, I feared this could happen to BH6 since it did seem heavily boy leaning. Not that it's a bad OW, but obviously the girl appeal is what makes WDA movies huge these days. Watch out for Moana from them.

Edited by MovieMan89

What does surprise me is BH6 possibly not opening to much more than WiR. It still could hit 60m given the anybody's guess nature of animated Sat bumps, but it probably won't. I thought that was like the floor for it with WDA's current momentum and the marketing for it.

BH6 is doing expected numbers. It was always going to do 180-200m, but some were hoping for more.

It may be that all the older teens and young adults that made GotG such a hit think BH6 is too childish for them.

Also every single animated movie this year besides LEGO and Nut Job has disappointed, or merely done what was expected of it. Are families still hung over after experiencing the Frozen craze?

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 1

Different kind of movie from Frozen.  This leans more to 'boys' i guess.  So that it makes a bit more than WiR makes sense.

• Like 1