grim22

Wknd Estimates: Nolan = 50M | BH6 = 56M+(pg 72) (who cares, our forum lives!)

Well if Interstellar holds up well 200 is still in the horizon?

There's no indication from other novermber releases around $50m non-animation making more than 3x multi's aside from james bond. $150m seems solid. Possibly $175ish depending on what other movies do.

Well, South America is in Latin America :P

More seriously this region really hurt it indeed, being under $4m OW in Brazil and Mexico is pretty bad for a blockbuster.

Geography education is not a strong suit in Texas

• Like 1

New Line is known as the house that Freddy built. LOTR was made partially off profits from NOES.

PJ met Mark Ordesky while working on his rejected NOES6 script for New Line, so LOTR (or at least, the LOTR trilogy as we know it) likely wouldn't EXIST without NOES.

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 1

Disney don't own Dreamworks, it would have to be under Touchstone and given the pitiful performance of the last few Dreamworks film, it wouldn't surprise me if Disney drops them after their contract with them expires.

Disney is only keeping DreamWorks on because they loaned DreamWorks some money towards making movies. The DreamWorks movies have performed so poorly that Disney is just trying to recoup as much of the loan as possible. Disney made the same mistake with Cinergi years ago and that worked out badly for Disney.

Multipliers for Christopher Nolan films

Insomnia - 3.1x

Batman Begins - 4.2x

The Prestige - 3.6x

The Dark Knight - 3.3x

Inception - 4.7x

The Dark Knight Rises - 2.7x

Only 1 of his films had less than a 3x multi and that was one of the most highly anticipated sequels ever. Two films of his with $40 million+ OWs had over 4x multis.

Interstellar should be able to leg its way somewhere between $150 million on the absolute low-end (3x) and $240 million on the absolute high-end (4.7x).

Rooting for $240 million just so people don't call it a flop or a BO disaster.

Take into consideration that interstellar is the first holiday season Nolan film so it should get some thanksgiving and Christmas bumps.

Take into consideration that interstellar is the first holiday season Nolan film so it should get some thanksgiving and Christmas bumps.

I'm not sure it will benefit enough to have a sizable effect...The Hunger Games 3 will be there and all eyes will be on it.

It's going to be pretty much gone by Christmas (due to the plethora of releases forcing theaters to clean house).

• Like 3

the international opening isn't that great because it opened everywhere except for China and Japan.  As mentioned John Carter opened in the same number of markets and made 70m international opening week and 210m overseas total. Now Interstellar should have better legs than John Carter but it shows that 300m seems the highest it will go. 

• Like 1

I seem to recall that one of the reasons Bruckheimer effectively split with Disney (besides The Lone Ranger) was because they didn't want to revive Touchstone as a real division?

It's kind of pity Touchstone has gone away. I'm surprised they decided to let it vanish shortly after The Proposal became a massive blockbuster (and made much more money than most of the Disney-labeled wannabe blockbusters that have been made since then).

Edited by filmlover

the international opening isn't that great because it opened everywhere except for China and Japan.  As mentioned John Carter opened in the same number of markets and made 70m international opening week and 210m overseas total. Now Interstellar should have better legs than John Carter but it shows that 300m seems the highest it will go.

300m + 175m DOM = $475m

Interstellar under $500m

I LOVE IT!!!!!

Where's your god now, Nolanites?

• Like 2

300m + 175m DOM = $475m

Interstellar under $500m

I LOVE IT!!!!!

Where's your god now, Nolanites?

I feel sorry for Ed and Mr. Pink. They are cool Nolanites and poor Shawn with that thread.

• Like 3