grim22

Wknd Estimates: Nolan = 50M | BH6 = 56M+(pg 72) (who cares, our forum lives!)

Except the trailers pretty much told audiences who she was and both the trailers and advertising played up the father-daughter stuff in the movie.

Trailer made it look like she could have been anybody. I had no idea there would be a

time skip

Well, while Paramount didn't really play up the involvement with the film, technically this stuff was known during filming. But whatever. I said nothing about what role said person had in the film, though it wouldn't be difficult to make guesses given secrecy

It really wasn't just you, I think a bunch of others mentioned it. 

I could be wrong. I won't go into too much more detail about who I think they played. It was kind of funny to me though  :P

• Like 1

I think WB will make a profit from the theatrical gross, but Paramount needs a WOM miracle just to break even. Luckily for them they have WB's rights to Friday the 13th and South Park for future movies. That will help them make back their losses on Interstellar's domestic box office.

Well, Paramount has the DVD/Bluray sales in US right? They won't lose money. And honestly, this probably means Nolan will go back working for WB which is smth I want. They are the best when it comes to marketing and I'm 100% sure WB will hand Nolan another big budget if he asks for it. 

So after seeing Birdman today I will be surprised if it can wing it's way to 25m. Loved it, we'll made film probably #2 or 3 for the year for me so far. However my audience wasn't thrilled with it and it is not very GA friendly.

I still need to see this

• Like 1

I'm starting to think a better release date could have helped a bit. If the third installment in that overly drawn out trilogy wasn't coming out I'd say it should have taken that mid-December date.

I think the release date was fine, it provided good counter-programming to BH6 and got out of the gate before MJ1 and TH3 hit.  It could be that TPTB relied too much on Nolan's name and the power of his followers to make this breakout.  

• Like 1

So after seeing Birdman today I will be surprised if it can wing it's way to 25m. Loved it, we'll made film probably #2 or 3 for the year for me so far. However my audience wasn't thrilled with it and it is not very GA friendly.

Saw Birdman this past week and I agree with your assessment.  The crowd could not get out of the theater fast enough when it was over.  They seemed to be on board with it at the beginning, but it was just too much.