grim22

Wknd Estimates: Nolan = 50M | BH6 = 56M+(pg 72) (who cares, our forum lives!)

Look Lil Jon, just cause you can't appreciate art, don't hate us cause ya ain't us you hear!

200_s.gif

Interstellar is art. Gravity is space travel for dummies.  :ph34r:

I kid, I kid, enjoy your movie, I don't care.

• Like 3

Interstellar First Act

Gravity First Half

Gravity Second Half

Interstellar Second Act

Interstellar Third Act

The scene in Gravity where Sandra Bullock barks like a dog to a random guy

• Like 2

Interstellar First Act

Gravity First Half

Gravity Second Half

Interstellar Second Act

Interstellar Third Act

The scene in Gravity where Sandra Bullock barks like a dog to a random guy

Its been a while since i have seen the film but what was supposed to be going on in that scene?, its like she was just talking to some random guy for no reason.

For me personally Gravity is an great sci-fi movie with some glaring flaws , but objectively speaking, Gravity succeeded at literally all levels that a original movie can do, massive critical acclaim, excellent WOM and big boxoffice breakout, huge winner in the award season, I mean, jeez what more can you ask for? Some no-name internet users' praise?

And don't start that "Gravity is not sci-fi" shit again. :lol:

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 5

Why are people so surprised with Interstellar's numbers? It's a space drama, they have a very select audience. It's certainly not a film everyone flocks to.

It's Nolan.

No tongue in cheek.  This is as serious as cancer.  Haven't you seen the Nolan head superimposed on Jesus's body, here at the forums?  It's no joke either.

• Like 3

Why are people so surprised with Interstellar's numbers? It's a space drama, they have a very select audience. It's certainly not a film everyone flocks to.

I agree I don't get why people expected this to be over 100 million just because nolans name was on it I guess.

Gravity was fun. It never tried to be anything but a straight thriller movie with a solid performance from Sandra Bullock. This irritating need to down play Gravity to praise Interstellar (not accusing you of doing this) is really irritating.

I watched Gravity in theaters and found it overrated.

However I watched it at home in blueray and its one of the most visually stunning films I ever saw.

• Like 1

And don't start that "Gravity is not sci-fi" shit again. :lol:

Gravity definitely is not sci-fi.

It is also a tad overrated. I liked it, though. Good movie with a thrilling ending (ship atmosphere entrance).

Edited by Elessar

Gravity definitely is not sci-fi.

It is also a tad overrated. I liked it, though. Good movie with a thrilling ending (ship atmosphere entrance).

In what way is Gravity not sci-fi?  You must have a very narrow definition of what sci-fi is.

Its been a while since i have seen the film but what was supposed to be going on in that scene?, its like she was just talking to some random guy for no reason.

Really? In light of being all alone in space it was about connecting with a human being.

• Like 2

RT scores can be off.

Bay's movies are generally way better than their ratings indicate. On the other hand, Nolan's movies in general tend to be worse than their ratings.

I don't think they are really off, cause there is a difference between how entertaining a movie is compared to quality of the make up of the movie.  And there is is going to be a difference of opinion from some one who see maybe 20 to 30 movies a year vs someone who study films and watch over a 100 movies a year. Personal experiences also play a part in how people view different versions of story telling. RT will always be nothing more than a reference point.

That was about as cringe worthy as the infamous laughing scene from Final Fantasy Ten.