kayumanggi

STRANGE MAGIC | 01.23.15 | Disney | final domestic gross: $12,429,583

Wow! That trailer was bad. I could not even make out the plot from it. I love how they say from the mind of George Lucas and then follow up with a ridiculous bad scene. I'm sure if Disney could remove LFL from the title card they would and solely have it be a Touchstone release. 

"[Lucas] really wanted to make a beautiful fairy tale with goblins and elves, and do it in a way that only this company can do," Gary Rydstrom, a Lucasfilm employee since 1983 and the director of Strange Magic, tells Yahoo Movies. “He had been working on it for a long time.”

Wait, what? Did Pixar disown him or something?

Edited by Sir Tiki

No one cares about this movie. The proof is that January release date.

That trailer might change that nobody cares about this money.

A lot of people, after seeing that, are going to take care to avoid the film at all costs.....

I am not a betting man, but if I were I would bet that this going be both a critical and box office train wreck of major proportions.

Wow! That trailer was bad. I could not even make out the plot from it. I love how they say from the mind of George Lucas and then follow up with a ridiculous bad scene. I'm sure if Disney could remove LFL from the title card they would and solely have it be a Touchstone release. 

Hell, If Lucas was not blinded by his ego, he would want the LFL label removed from this POS film.....

Wait, what? Did Pixar disown him or something?

No, but he's worked for Skywalker Sound (a division of Lucasfilm) on various projects, on and off, while he was a Pixar employee, so one could say that he's been a Lucasfilm employee since 1983. Whether this is 100% accurate depends on the exact terms of his employment at both, but in this business (where many are employed per project anyway) this is close enough for mass consumption.

I am not a betting man, but if I were I would bet that this going be both a critical and box office train wreck of major proportions.

It could break records, albeit not the good kind.

Before watching trailer:

It can't be that bad

After watching trailer:

Okay, it's horrible

Animation is at least better than Delgo though. But it still looks like Delgo crossed with Epic with random musical numbers. What's it even supposed to be about, fairy and stick bug critter man falling in love?

Edited by Yandereprime

I know you're all thinking what I'm thinking--a Jar Jar Binks cameo would totally make this movie! :sick:

Animation is at least better than Delgo though.

Which only makes it an even bigger waste of money (but whose?).

Animation and rendering aside, I still wonder which is worse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Gi8ZG7UE5Q

Wanna see some real strange magic? I can make both of these movies look good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uROQ9nplxIY

After watching the trailer they should of released it straight to DVD.  But who knows in a "Dead" January maybe this can attract families. 

After watching the trailer, I'm betting they're hoping it won't get an audience.  They'd probably rather lose the (relatively) small amount of money it costs to get this distributed rather than deal the bad press that having their name (or Lucasfilm's name) attached to this embarrassment would bring.  Especially with them angling to release the new Star Wars the same year.

Edited by Sal
  • Like 1

George Lucas really is a one-hit wonder. I would like to give him credit for Indiana Jones but Spielberg did direct it. Every film Lucas has made aside from Star Wars has been bad.

Lucas a 1 hit wonder? No.  "American Graffiti" was not only critically acclaimed but a box office success. 

• Like 1