kayumanggi

STRANGE MAGIC | 01.23.15 | Disney | final domestic gross: $12,429,583

Apparently it's based on "A Midsummer Night's Dream".

http://www.slashfilm.com/strange-magic/

The movie features the voice talents of Alan CummingEvan Rachel WoodKristin ChenowethMaya RudolphAlfred Molina and Elijah KelleyGary Rydstrom directs from a story by George Lucas, based on A Midsummer Night’s Dream.
Edited by Sal

LMAO at the batshit speculation that this was the title of the Frozen sequel.

That was silly all along, but I do like how it shows how anticipated a Frozen sequel would be. Personally I don't want there to be a sequel since the story is complete as it is (even Bob Iger is wary of making one unless it has the perfect story concept), but it means that people still want more.

So this is what Rydstrom has been doing after newt fell through...

I knew it was an animated feature for Lucasfilm (not a big secret by any means), but I did not expect it to be finished by now.

...and this is the shortest gap between announcement and release date I can think of.

I don't wish to prejudge the movie, but am I right that this is rarely a good sign? But if something were still wrong, then they should not have gone and finished the movie. Maybe Lucasfilm thinks that it's great but Disney thinks that it's horrible and will barely support it. :thinking: This is merely idle speculation, but if the latter is the case, then something like that happened with Frozen last year, albeit to a lesser degree (Iger himself loved it before it hit the box office, but marketing didn't know what to do with it for a while--maybe Iger actually hates this one).

Ironically, now I'm even more curious about Strange Magic as a result. OMG, I fell into their fiendishly clever trap! :o;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F4qzPbcFiA

Edited by Melvin Frohike
  • Like 1

Maybe Lucasfilm thinks that it's great but Disney thinks that it's horrible and will barely support it. :thinking:

So kind of like The Wild then? I remember reading years ago that Disney wasn't too keen on promoting it until William Shatner (who was in some way involved with the animation studio that made it) threatened to go to the press and raise a fuss. Sort of like what Elton John did after Disney dumped Gnomeo and Juliet.