grim22

Weekend Numbers (Nov 14-16) pg 39

I'd like to stand outside every movie theater showing Saving Christmas and tell every person going in that I am secretly judging them for doing so. Might as well light $11 on fire if you're going to give it to that nutcase.

The other day I checked his Facebook page to see what kind of buzz/following he had about this movie....and the bizarre thing I discovered is that 95% of the people who like/comment on his posts are female....and mostly women over the age of 50.  I know he was a heartthrob for teen girls back in the day, but you would figure that would be over with.  Literally every person who comments on his posts is a female.

• Like 1

Interstellar is apparently doing pretty well in India as well and may not see much of a drop from last week. A minimal drop is almost unheard of for a Hollywood movie in India, as most Hollywood movies drop 60-80% on the second weekend.

• Like 12

Interstellar is apparently doing pretty well in India as well and may not see much of a drop from last week. A minimal drop is almost unheard of for a Hollywood movie in India, as most Hollywood movies drop 60-80% on the second weekend.

1b WW here we come

• Like 1

Had "Saving Christmas" run any longer, Cameron would no doubt have found a way to find the divinity in Frosty, Rudolph, the Grinch, peppermint bark, the Elf on the Shelf, frosted cranberry hand soap and Mr. Hanky the Christmas Poo.  Full Review… | November 14, 2014

Perhaps the only Christmas movie I can think of, especially of the religious-themed variety, that seems to flat-out endorse materialism, greed and outright gluttony.  Full Review… | November 14, 2014

Peter Sobczynski /RogerEbert.com

:rofl:

Poor Blanks!

• Like 4

Well, the rights on South Park/Friday the 13th don't mean much if they weren't planning on doing anything with them. The superhero movie...well, yes, WB loses out on some money in some ways, but they also mitigate their risk. Keep in mind, if said film were to fail (let's say it pulls a Green Lantern)...then WB just saved a ton of money.

And WB loves co-producing stuff. They do it a lot (though their divorce from Legendary certainly showed their appetite to do it less).

Coproductions are usually about reducing the risk for a expensive project. Sony let MGM coproduce The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and 21 Jump Street in exchange for letting them producing Skyfall and Sony and Fox did The Monuments Men because Sony wasn't willing to fund it fully.

Sometime a studio wants to get involved in a project, The Hobbit needed Warner Bros, New Line and MGM because MGM owned The Hobbit film rights but NL had the rights to the other Tolkien material so a coproduction was necessary

• Like 2

I think Horrible Bosses 2 will miss $100 million altogether... Into the Woods, Unbroken and NATM3 should all get past $100 million. 

$325 million - Unbroken (ridiculous prediction lol... but $175 million+ seems fairly likely) 

$185 million - Into the Woods 

$115 million - Night at the Museum 3 

The marketplace can support two big comedies, I think both D&D and HB2 should hit 100m. I think The Interview probably ends up with 70-80m, just because the subject matter may be too much for some people.

There's no way Unbroken and Into the Woods are hitting those numbers. lmao But i notice you tend to overestimate everything. 

• Like 1

I think Horrible Bosses 2 will miss $100 million altogether... Into the Woods, Unbroken and NATM3 should all get past $100 million. 

$325 million - Unbroken (ridiculous prediction lol... but $175 million+ seems fairly likely) 

$185 million - Into the Woods 

$115 million - Night at the Museum 3

Horrible Bosses 2 will make over 200M. Just you all wait and see.