33 members have voted

1. 1. Rate Bridesmaids

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

BCaught this in cinema here after it had its phenomenal run in the USA; the film was funny and in places touching but not as good as I had hoped it would be. Pacing was a problem as well as some rather forced scenes. Dont't plan to buy or rewatch this, but far from a bad film. Maybe this is more of a girl's film but my girlfriend liked "The Hangover" better too.

Wiig carries the film well and she has a great rapport with Rudolph and Byrne, but I found McCarthy's character charmless, obnoxious, and occasionally creepy. She dragged the whole film down for me whenever she was on screen, and the best I can give this film is a low B+.

Edited by tribefan695

Grade: C

Wait, so this is the film that NA audiences turned out in droves for last summer to the tune of $169m?? WTF, it's horrible, I barely laughed a few times. The reason it's a C grade and not worse is that I did chuckle a few times but really the subplot with the cop Kevin falling for Kristen Wiig's Annie is the most story redeeming part of the movie.

What had people in stitches? The food poisoning where they all are puking over each other?

Annie's losing it at the bridal shower and splashing in the chocolate fondue fountain? The montage of her being stupid to get disgruntled Kevin to help her out and find Lillian? That was all boring and NOT funny.

I suppose its a landmark in women's liberation, but I really dont like Bridesmaids as a film. At all. Its often just painfully unfunny.

Yeah yeah go fuck yourself, you uncultured motherfucker etc. etc. 

Edited by Jack Nevada