Mockingjay Raphael

Jurassic World OS | 1.015B OS | 1.667B WW | China 228m, United Kingdom 100.5m, Japan 74.8m

It wasn't exactly still pulling in $40 million a weekend in China.

No, but it had a very good hold (especially considering the many screens it lost due to the protection period).

This weekend was much stronger than it was expected to be.

That's why it sucks that it's being taken down when it still could have made $15m at least there, but what can you do.

From BO Global Report:

Roaring to another $42.0 million (-50%) from 66 overseas territories this weekend for an international cume of $826.9 million, Jurassic World stampeded past Avengers: Age of Ultron to become the world’s 5th highest grossing film of all-time with $1.385 billion. China held very strong in the face of local competition, dropping just 40% for $9.4 million this frame and $222 million overall. It also passed Avatar to become the fourth highest-grossing movie of all-time in the Middle Kingdom. Jurassic World opens in its final territory Japan on August 5.

From BO Global Report:

Roaring to another $42.0 million (-50%) from 66 overseas territories this weekend for an international cume of $826.9 million, Jurassic World stampeded past Avengers: Age of Ultron to become the world’s 5th highest grossing film of all-time with $1.385 billion. China held very strong in the face of local competition, dropping just 40% for $9.4 million this frame and $222 million overall. It also passed Avatar to become the fourth highest-grossing movie of all-time in the Middle Kingdom. Jurassic World opens in its final territory Japan on August 5.

What is the tracking in Japan?

Want JW to win over FF7 with a good margin.

I think JW can still make about $100m more domestic and $100m OS without Japan. That'll get it close to $1.6b and with Japan it should be able to surpass that figure. 

Japan is helping AOU pass $1.4b so we can hope that it also helps JW pass $1.6b!

• Like 1

I'd say 90m domestic

I think it will do better than that, but I understand where you are coming from. $16m for Monday-Thursday would give it a 4th week of $45.2m and a total gross of $572.5m. Weekly drops of 38% would give it a $646m total, right in line with your prediction.

I think what can't be accounted for is the dollar theater run. I bet this movie is going to kick ass in dollar theaters. It is exactly the kind of movie that appeals to the dollar moviegoing demographics.

Edited by redfirebird2008