Mockingjay Raphael

Jurassic World OS | 1.015B OS | 1.667B WW | China 228m, United Kingdom 100.5m, Japan 74.8m

$40m from Japan sounds reasonable but don't you think that's the floor for what it could make over there? I mean even Jurassic Park 3 made more than that 14 years ago. I understand the market has changed considerably but even if we say it makes as much as JP3 adjusted it should still be about $60m.

But tbh as long as it gets to #1 Dom and WW for this year and gets that #3 spot all time WW (and maybe #2 Dom if it beats Titanic!) I'll be happy even if it doesn't get mind-blowing numbers in Japan :D

There is not inflation in Japan. It is a peculiar market.

Can't describe how unoriginal this film is. The only mildly interesting featute of the film is Chris Pratt. It is annoyingly similar to Godzilla which was also made by Legendary Pictures (unsurprisingly).

Overall, a gross similar to Godzilla would not surprise me but I think audiences learnt their lesson from last year. It didn't help that Godzilla had bad reception so I believe this will gross less - especially in North America.

Prediction: $140M in NA, $240M elsewhere (only because of China).

Can't describe how unoriginal this film is. The only mildly interesting featute of the film is Chris Pratt. It is annoyingly similar to Godzilla which was also made by Legendary Pictures (unsurprisingly).

Overall, a gross similar to Godzilla would not surprise me but I think audiences learnt their lesson from last year. It didn't help that Godzilla had bad reception so I believe this will gross less - especially in North America.

Prediction: $140M in NA, $240M elsewhere (only because of China).

And it ended up doing way over that in just 3 days. :lol:

• Like 3

I think Quigley has been called out multiple times on that post. Its time to LET IT GO. Everyone makes awful calls.

Thanks for the support but I honestly don't care. Don't waste your time answering to people who keep making fools out of themselves.

JW is gonna pass DH2 and AoU this weekend to move up to fourth place all-time. And it should ultimately pass Avengers, too, right?

Passing TA should be the target for now but if it breaks out big in Japan it has a chance of getting close to JP's adjusted worldwide gross. Even if it doesn't, it should end up at #3 WW anyway and I'll be content with that Edited by scoobysaurus