Mockingjay Raphael

Jurassic World OS | 1.015B OS | 1.667B WW | China 228m, United Kingdom 100.5m, Japan 74.8m

I think it has 50-60m left both domestic and overseas. So it will be at 1.575B without Japan. Japan could maybe add another 50m.

That would bring it 15-25m away from 1B OS. If it gets that close, I wish it makes it past that mark, but honestly it's an amazing number either way.

So when can we expect this to cross $1.5b? It has $35m to go so should it get pass that by the next weekend?

JW is at 875M OS by sunday 12 : that's a 48M week total (the movie was at 827M sunday 5)

I dont really know how the movie could miss a 30M+ OS week : i expect a 905/910M OS total by sunday 19

add 22/24M domestic and the grand total will be close to 1.520M WW by sunday 19

The Avengers record :

hspjpjcf.gif

Edited by TacoBell
  • Like 1

Unless it flops in Japan like 90% of other Hollywood movies.

Every other hollywood movie is about superheroes or aliens. This is different and Japan has a history of being kind to JP movies. I have a gut feeling that JW is going to be very successful in Japan.

:lol:

Every other hollywood movie is about superheroes or aliens. This is different and Japan has a history of being kind to JP movies. I have a gut feeling that JW is going to be very successful in Japan.

Just like how Japan used to be soooooooo kind to TLOTR and Terminator franchise, right? :lol:

Sorry but unless I see any non-Disney live action Hollywood movies making big money in Japan that market is dead to me.

I treat Japan like a bonus at the end of this run - if it does something, great, if it doesn't, oh well.

Not expecting anything because it's a really unpredictable market and I'd hate to be disappointed. I'm just happy JW is doing so well overall that it really doesn't need Japan to make or break it (like certain other movies need Japan or China).

Whatever it does, just a cherry on top of an amazing run.

• Like 1

Just like how Japan used to be soooooooo kind to TLOTR and Terminator franchise, right? :lol:

Sorry but unless I see any non-Disney live action Hollywood movies making big money in Japan that market is dead to me.

My gut feeling says you'll see that in about 3 weeks. Let's wait and see.

Don't be glib. None of the LOTR or Terminator movies grossed $120 million in Japan, at 1993 ticket prices.

The numbers.com seems to have an outdated international gross for JW. They stuck with the estimated 21.7m international gross last weekend instead of the actual 23.1m and now they've updated with monday numbers(intl.) and they still didn't change it.