Quigley

Friday numbers: THG3 - 6.8, HB2 - 2.8, PoM - 2.6 (weekend actuals on p12)

Mj1: Total Lifetime Grosses

Domestic:  $257,700,000    46.0%Foreign:  $302,800,000    54.0% = Worldwide:  $560,500,000

Interstellar : 

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $158,657,000    26.8%Foreign:  $434,400,000    73.2% = Worldwide:  $593,057,000  

GOTG: 

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $332,215,000    43.0%Foreign:  $439,600,000    57.0% = Worldwide:  $771,815,000  

Maze Runner: 

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $101,356,000    30.3%Foreign:  $233,244,000    69.7% = Worldwide:  $334,600,000

Maze Runner had great legs, both DOM (3.1x multi and still going) and OS, especially for such a genre.

Australia is very religious also.

Haha... no, just no. While small sections of Australia are quite religious (Queensland for example), the bulk of Australia is much more in line with UK and NZ than America.

Still a good drop for Mockingjay. When will it's legs start getting worse than CF's? Or will it actually be leggier again?

• Like 1

why is this forum so dead since the switch

Just the nature of the box office. After Christmas, unless there is a surprising breakout a-la Frozen, there are very few big weekends till summer movie season. 50 Shades, maybe Cinderella and Furious 7. All other weekends will most likely be similarly dreary, especially since the "no derailments" rule for weekend threads. Normally during a slow weekend, at least the derailments kept the weekend and daily numbers threads going, but since the no derailments rule, there really isn't much about the numbers to discuss. To see how crazy weekend threads used to get, look at the Mockingjay OW thread.

• Like 2

giphy.gif

50 Shades will be a one day wonder IMO. It's opening day number will be huge for sure, but it doesn't look like it will be a long player or even reach a 3X from the OD. I really think a 35-45M OD is possible (maybe even 50 due to Valentine's day) but it won't be a major player post that.

• Like 2

50 Shades will be a one day wonder IMO. It's opening day number will be huge for sure, but it doesn't look like it will be a long player or even reach a 3X from the OD. I really think a 35-45M OD is possible (maybe even 50 due to Valentine's day) but it won't be a major player post that.

I think that's given, but the expected big opening is enough to at least keep these forums alive. Ha ha.

A few days ago I saw one of my colleagues reading the book in our International Law class and another class mate asked her if it was 50 Shades since she recognized the cover . And they started talking about it. Honestly, it's hard to find any female friend of mine that hasn't at least read some parts of it, and I'm 20 so the appeal is big among teenagers.

• Like 1

A few days ago I saw one of my colleagues reading the book in our International Law class and another class mate asked her if it was 50 Shades since she recognized the cover . And they started talking about it. Honestly, it's hard to find any female friend of mine that hasn't at least read some parts of it, and I'm 20 so the appeal is big among teenagers.

That's because it's basically smut, but that they can read in public.

Honestly though, if they want smut fanfiction, they can find better stuff for free on the internet.

• Like 1

I watched the film as it was interesting 

I do agree the YA is getting a bit much but Divergent and Maze Runner are interesting  concepts. 

really? there's been hardly any YA movies, Maze Runner, Divergent and Hunger Games. How is that a bit much? its not like comic book movies lol