Neo

Alien: Covenant | 5/19/2017 | Who needs mystery?

2 hours ago, Bigausorus said:

The poster is phenomenal.

Prediction of BO.com

OW $35M

Total $90M

This seems to me quite low ??
The views of the trailers on Youtube and Facebook are good!

Does we know the budget of this? A total under Prometheus seems really bad for me, considering that Prometheus only did what it did because of the Allien connection, shouldn't a pure Alien movie easily surpass Prometheus' total?

3 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Prometheus made $126M and had more hype. What is the budget of Covenant?

Fassbender is box office poison.

How so? I'm pretty sure that people didn't think that he was poison when DOFP did huge numbers, or when Prometheus overperformed. It's not his fault if this movie underperforms, just like wasn't his fault when Apocalypse was a disappointment, these movies rely on brand, not in stars.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

How so? I'm pretty sure that people didn't think that he was poison when DOFP did huge numbers, or when Prometheus overperformed.

DOFP did huge numbers precisely because the old cast returned (especially Jackman). Without them, FC and Apocalypse were both relatively disappointing. And Prometheus didn't really overperform, it did just fine. Then there is Assassin's Creed, Macbeth, Steve Jobs...

Nothing against Fassbender but he doesn't seem charismatic or likeable enough to play the lead role in a mainstream movie, yet he keeps trying.

11 hours ago, MrGlass2 said:

DOFP did huge numbers precisely because the old cast returned (especially Jackman). Without them, FC and Apocalypse were both relatively disappointing. And Prometheus didn't really overperform, it did just fine. Then there is Assassin's Creed, Macbeth, Steve Jobs...

Nothing against Fassbender but he doesn't seem charismatic or likeable enough to play the lead role in a mainstream movie, yet he keeps trying.

Was James McAvoy a charismatic leading man whose films made money until he landed Split, a film that clicked with audiences? Save for Leonardo Di Caprio, every actor these days relies on the FILM connecting with the public, even if they are household names themselves.

How many films has JAke G carried as a leading man?

Why can't the likes of Vin Diesel and Robert Pattinson carry films outside of their respective franchises?

Like many good actors Fassbender chooses roles that interest him rather than 'leading man roles' for the sake of it a la Chris Hemsworth, for example or Matthew Mc in his early career or Colin Farrell. In addition, Fassbender often works on low budget, first time director type of films and he also readily takes supporting roles - hardly the career path of someone desperate to be a Hollywood leading man. In every film his performance, leading or supporting, is singled out for praise, including in Prometheus and Xmen in which he is part of ensemble.

Even his films which under performed at the box office will make their money back in due course. So, I don't understand why some posters on this site single him out as a box office failure when other actors have outright flops which lose studios millions.

36 minutes ago, Alli said:

Life bombed.  Are people tired of sci-fi horror? This movie is in danger.  UNDER 90M is my prediction for now.

Trailers for Life werent much interesting. And it felt in marketing as generic sci fi horror in space, and possible rip off of Alien. Meaning, rip off in negative connotation as lower quality of something better. Life also didnt much hype at all by any one, both critics, reviewers or had good word of mouth. Regardless if it's good movie. 

And it's Sony. People dont trust Sony as studio anymore much. If it's something coming from Sony studio, I first presume, it's a bad idea, second it will bomb. And 9/10 cases. IT IS. So not suprised.