narniadis

Friday numbers (Exodus 8.7 mill)

comp updates:

MJ1: $330-335m. Too close to call vs GOTG. Went up a lot with the last few days' data. 

BH6: $220m, was hovering around that but it's pretty much locked in at this point.

220 m?

Everything Marvel-related is gold.

Disney buying Marvel has paid for itself already. Everything from here on out is icing on the cake.

Look for Wild to break out over the next month.  Not only a 91% approval rating on RT and an Oscar nom. for Best Actress, but I was getting a haircut yesterday and noticed that Witherspoon is on the cover of Glamour Magazine, and one of the 3 or 4 faces on the cover of this month's People Magazine. Women love those magazines, so expect those cover photos to grab their attention.  I can see Wild finishing in the 40s domestically.

Well it very likely is getting one but it only has a Golden Globe nom for Best Actress at this point :)

This could do well since there has not been much for adult female audiences.

Look for Wild to break out over the next month.  Not only a 91% approval rating on RT and an Oscar nom. for Best Actress, but I was getting a haircut yesterday and noticed that Witherspoon is on the cover of Glamour Magazine, and one of the 3 or 4 faces on the cover of this month's People Magazine. Women love those magazines, so expect those cover photos to grab their attention.  I can see Wild finishing in the 40s domestically.

Fox will probably give it another expansion next weekend, going wide on Christmas Day.

Could definitely see it finishing around $40-50 million domestic.

On paper this holiday season looked strong, but boy has it been shitty. If it wasnt for the entertaining Sony drama, this place would be full of tumbleweeds.

There was so much talk about this holiday season being bigger than the summer...

Giant shrug for Exodus. Trouble is you can't even enjoy it disappointing because OS will save it... like it seems to save just about everything now.

Honestly, the international board should be a lot busier, it's what really makes or breaks a film now.

It's kinda hard to care about international box office as like this block. It's only interesting when a film becomes really big in one market, like Frozen in Japan.

If that number holds for MJ1, I am going to be really impressed. Being only $1m down from CF's fourth weekend despite opening $37m less is impressive.

Is it though? The drop is almost the same but CF had to deal with TH2's 31m OD.