John Marston

Friday, Dec. 26 Box Office: Hobbit 15.6, Unbroken 12.3, ITW 12.2, NATM 7.4 (full BOM weekend #s on p14)

Selma on January 9th, American Sniper the week after.

thanks. Sniper is going to be a major hit. Can it hurt Selma? And does Selma has a shot of scoring + 100 millions? Because I see a lot of them doing that. ITW, Unbroken will do it. The Imitation Game seems to go in that direction. American Sniper and Selma. Its too much, isnt it?

Edited by paul75

Sniper is no good, but the marketing is doing the trick. 5 different people in my family on Christmas asked me about it because they wanted to see it.

The reviews for Sniper are actually good. 73% on RT and 73 on MC. I think it's going to be a pretty big hit.

Edited by Sadie1

I only knew Corden in Begin Again and that he's replacing Craig Ferguson on CBS

LOL So that's who he is. I've been reading this thread trying to figure where I've seen the name before. Gretta's warm blanket.

James Corden was one of the weak links for me in the movie. His story line really didn't lead anywhere, and his character had nothing to do. He was outdone by his costars. Musical composition was great. I'd say still see it, even though the ending is crap.

oops wrong movie

Edited by ECSTASY

Watched "The Interview" on VOD. It felt like a live-action episode of Archer, most of the jokes landed and the movie is short enough to not overstretch the thin plot. The movie looks amazing though, some shots look downright amazing, especially the small sequence in China.

The movie basically 

tells us exactly how it will end in the first scene with the CIA.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

I have apparently seen this thing people call James Corden twice before: on Begin Again and on The Three Musketeers (the one with Dracula, Percy Jackson, Legolas and Alice). 

• Like 1

I have apparently seen this thing people call James Corden twice before: on Begin Again and on The Three Musketeers (the one with Dracula, Percy Jackson, Legolas and Alice). 

That movie had stunts that were crazy even in a Paul WS Anderson movie

• Like 1

Let's not miss the forest for the trees here. CF's legs were super impressive (and HG), but MJ1's legs only look good because this movie is significantly smaller than the previous ones.

That a film like MJ Part 1 would get to near $340 million in the US without Imax or 3d is remarkable. The last book is by far the weakest in the series and Lionsgate split it into two parts, The brilliant part of it is that they did it in such a way that all the action occurs in Part 2. (The assault on District 2; the assault on the Capital where the HGs is recreated, the climax of the film). 

I'm honestly at the point where I'd be surprised if Burton ever again makes a movie I'll actually want to see.

I guess if he sticks with low budget fare rather than dross like Chocolate Factory and Alice there's still a chance.

IDK why, but your name seems incredibly fitting with this post

Big Eyes looks better than a lot of the actual "Oscar" movies this year

• Like 1

Well I loved it, not that that's any surprise.

Your enjoyment of it depends on whether or not you're willing to take Waltz completely going bonkers.

Also has a five minute spell when it turns into a horror movie, some of the most horrific stuff Burton's filmed here.

Edited by Fifdddeee Shadddeees
  • Like 2

Well I loved it, not that that's any surprise.

Your enjoyment of it depends on whether or not you're willing to take Waltz completely going bonkers.

Also has a five minute spell when it turns into a horror movie, some of the most horrific stuff Burton's filmed here.

And there goes the plan of seeing this with my family :lol: 

• Like 1