baumer

Baumer's/Tele's/Chas' 25 films that have brainwashed people into mindless adulation (Tele pg 26)

I only saw LotR for the first time a few months ago and they are really good imo. I don't think they are perfect but they were much better than I expected them to be.

Order of the Phoenix was the worst Harry Potter film. :/

Thought that the first time as well, but it starts growing on you once you see it a couple times. Unlike the other 3 I mentioned.

• Like 1

Thought that the first time as well, but it starts growing on you once you see it a couple times. Unlike the other 3 I mentioned.

I think I've only seen 4-8 once each. Seen the first three more times than I've had hot dinners.

• Like 1

I dunno, I can't help but roll my eyes everytime someone says they just DON'T UNDERSTAND why this one incredibly acclaimed film is so acclaimed. Read some reviews, FFS, you don't have to agree with them but the arguments are all there. There are acclaimed films I dislike, but I honestly can't think of any where I'm mystified why anybody thinks they are good. 

• Like 16

I love the LotR's extendeds, but now always skip nearly the complete first half of Fellowship. And a lot of the Frodo & Sam parts later on.

I do not understand the typical romance movies / successes, especially if it's the (sadly) typical movie that ends at the beginning of a relationship (wedding...) Gender-brainwashed?

I am female, for the ones who do not know that.

From last year alone, How to Train Your Dragon 2 and The Lego Movie are way better than old Disney films like Aladdin, The Lion King, Snow White, Beauty and the Beast, Bambi etc.

In what bizarro universe are these films old?

• Like 4

I dunno, I can't help but roll my eyes everytime someone says they just DON'T UNDERSTAND why this one incredibly acclaimed film is so acclaimed. Read some reviews, FFS, you don't have to agree with them but the arguments are all there. There are acclaimed films I dislike, but I honestly can't think of any where I'm mystified why anybody thinks they are good. 

This post perfectly nails the issue with this list. Also, even if you can't find compelling arguments, you can usually guess why people like certain films. In fact, trying to guess why a lame film is so popular is usually more fun/insightful than simply saying "I don't get it, here's what I find wrong with it."

Sorry baumer, I'm usually excited for your lists and I think that this will still be fun in the end, but it feels sort of pointless.

• Like 2

Youre not required to read the list DJM.

And I agree with u 100%. This is a totally pointless list. But all lists are pointless as they are but one opinion. Doesnt mean it wont be fun. :)

• Like 5