CoolioD1

87TH ACADEMY AWARDS CEREMONY DISCUSSION THREAD AAAHHH! | Discuss It Live Here

I can't even comprehend how a human being can watch both Selma and the Imitation Game and find Tyldum and CUmberbatch more deserving of praise than DuVernay and Oyewolo. Unbelievable. I know taste is subjective and all that shit, but honestly, you must don't have any real understanding of the art of film, directing, or acting to truly believe that those two made better artistic contributions than the Selma two. Unless there's a prejudice about skin color going on, which I don't wanna get into in this topic. 

But regardless of that, fuck yea, Whiplash!!!

• Like 1

I'm glad it was snubbed, why are this generation of filmmakers all so self-satisfied? I'm not crazy about Nolan but at least he's fairly self-deprecating, some of these other guys are so entitled.

Well, it was the most well-received from audience and critics, and highest-grossing, animated film of 2014. It should at least have been nominated.

• Like 1

I confess, I find LEGO's snub hilarious.

I find it rather shocking but I can't say I'm upset about it - I thought it was kind of average.

Hopefully this paves the way for a deserved win for the magnificent Princess Kaguya to win but I'm not holding my breath.

• I'm disappointed but not surprised that Snowpiercer didn't get it's much deserved Production Design nod. Hacks.
  • The Selma fuck up by Paramount is embarrassing but I guess those who watched it really loved it enough to slip in to the top 8 for BP
  • Foxcatcher good enough for top 5 in director but not top 10 in BP.  Odd.
  • Best Supporting Actress category kind of sucks except for Arquette. No Tilda and especially no Agata.  BOO!
  • GPH is considered great enough for BP and Director but the performance that drove the entire film and made it work is snubbed and for Cooper [a now three time Oscar nominee - the mind boggles, the soul recoils]
Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1