LexJoker

4-Day Wknd Est: AS - 105.3M, Pad - 25.2M, TWR - 24.5M,Taken 3 - 17.44M (pg 109)

For the record I liked the film but there were moment where I thought WTF. Like why would anyone ring their worrying wife whilst in the middle of the battlefield then drop your phone? Probably on of the most cruel things you could do

Blackhat numbers are a disgrace. Universal should have delayed the movie in the minute WB announced AS was going wide on this weekend.

I don't think Uni really cared which is why they dumped it here Edited by DAR
  • Like 1

If you can find 2 Days, 1 Night playing near you, go! Jesus Christ that Marion Cotillard performance. It's so real and pure. It would have been a crime not to nominate her. 

Can't look at Marion Cotillard and not think of her death scene in The Dark Knight Rises. That might be one of the worst acted scenes of all time, lol.

Just when we thought Sniper had hit the bullseye, Rth comes in and draws an even smaller circle for it to nail. Pretty damn amazing.

Makes you wonder how close Clint was to getting a Director nod at the Oscars (since the Director's Guild gave him one).

• Like 3

Hmmm... I'm really thinking this is doing more than 500M WW. A place in Top 10 for the year might be in the cards.

Dont think so, Top 10 would be (not in order): Mission Impossible, Minions, Avengers, Jurassic World, Star Wars, Mockingjay Part 2, Spectre, Furious 7, Inside Out, Pitch Perfect 2.

• Like 1

However you tell average people that he liked to kill Iraqi's and Looters, and most people would say

"America FUCK YEAH!" 

My point is that what we think is more of a nuanced point of view, but what people think is "he was a rough guy and a lot of killed bad guys" 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

AS Sat 35m

WOW!

Nearly a 15% increase with previews on Friday (so even a bigger jump from the real 25.5m flat Friday)

Sunday could be a lighter drop than expected, around 20%.

Fri: 30.5m

Sat: 35m

Sun: 28m

Mon: 22.4m

3 Day: 93.5m

4 Day: 115.9m

• Like 2

The point is the film is rather B+ at best but I liked it was a refreshing take on the modern war genre.

it was told from the Patriots point of view and I just like we get to see a film from the other point of view.. 

I do not agree with the war or the actions of the war, but it was much more enticing film this way. 

Look at this way, if another director made this film it would been a 50-60 million grosser about a guy  "omg I killed all these people, I must be bad"

However the film ends off with him saying " 

I will stand before my Creator and justify every shot".

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 2