LexJoker

4-Day Wknd Est: AS - 105.3M, Pad - 25.2M, TWR - 24.5M,Taken 3 - 17.44M (pg 109)

It's also proof that Chris Hemsworth is not a star or a draw, no matter how his apologists want to justify his past flops.

They had the trailer to the Mobey Dick movie, and while they showed Hemsworth's face, the trailer wanted you to know it was a RON HOWARD FILM! So, it looks like they switched tactics and are trying to market the movie towards Ron Howard fans.

Edited by Warhorse
  • Like 1

It's also proof that Chris Hemsworth is not a star or a draw, no matter how his apologists want to justify his past flops.

He'll always be Thor. During my AS screening yesterday, we got the Heart and Sea trailer and "hey its Thor" could be heard throughout te theater when his face showed.

• Like 2

They had the trailer to the Mobey Dick movie, and while they showed Hemsworth's face, the trailer wanted you to know it was a RON HOWARD FILM! So, it looks like they switched tactics and are trying to market the movie towards Ron Howard fans.

He'll always be Thor. During my AS screening yesterday, we got the Heart and Sea trailer and "hey its Thor" could be heard throughout te theater when his face showed.

What crazy cinema plays a trailer for a movie that's one year away? :o

• Like 1

~ Blackhat... this is truly a Box Office bomb in the harshest sense, expecting a DOM gross of around $15 - 21 million and around another $15 - 21 million in its other territories for a WW cumulative of anywhere between 30 to 45 million.

Too high.  8-10 million domestic.

• Like 1

In The Heart of the Sea is gonna be another epic bomb for Hemsworth. The 2nd weekend drop is gonna be something like 65-70%. 

Putting his movies against stuff like American Sniper and Star Wars isn't helping at all.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

It's a remake of an existing IP with huge name recognition for Disney. No different from this year's Godzilla being a franchise movie. 

AMERICAN SNIPER is based on a book that was on the NY Times Best Seller List for 37 weeks. That's huge recognition, too.

I am not saying this to knock AS's achievement. I just think that both AS and AIW should be treated as non-sequels.

Edited by kayumanggi

It was in front of most American Sniper screening from what I hear especially since the trailer still says it is coming out in March.  Plus trailers have been put out a year in advance before, so not that unheard of

In The Heart of the Sea is gonna be another epic bomb for Hemsworth. The 2nd weekend drop is gonna be something like 65-70%. 

Putting his movies against stuff like American Sniper and Star Wars ins't helping at all.

I don't know what the budget is but it's not looking good. Moving it to get trampled on by Star Wars was a strange move too.

Edited by treeroy
  • Like 1

I don't know what the budget is but it's not looking good. Moving it to get trampled on by Star Wars was a strange move too.

If they believe it is good why not just release it in 4 theaters on Christmas Day and expand it on MLK weekend :lol: ?

It the old one that still says March. Alot of theaters are still playing it for some reason. You figure WB wouldve had it pulled and replaced.

• Like 2