Blankments

Mike & Dave Need Wedding Dates | July 8, 2016 | Anna Kendrick Joins

7 minutes ago, JennaJ said:

Why is Anna Kendric doing this? Surely she has better options?

Her career is so weird. Pitch Perfect movies, the occasional high profile movie like the upcoming The Accountant with Ben Affleck, dumb comedies like this, and a bunch of obscure/DTV stuff that instantly vanishes into the ether.

I mean, she appeared in this. Obviously she's not picky:

Rapture-Palooza poster.jpg

I like Kendrick but face it, she is just a "dime-a-dozen" actress. Nothing special about her acting or her singing. Like most of us too, but we are not trying to make a living at it. There are way too many actors and actresses trying to make it big, only a few of them can succeed. I'd bet she will be a TV series supporting cast actress before long. 

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

I like Kendrick but face it, she is just a "dime-a-dozen" actress. Nothing special about her acting or her singing. Like most of us too, but we are not trying to make a living at it. There are way too many actors and actresses trying to make it big, only a few of them can succeed. I'd bet she will be a TV series supporting cast actress before long. 

TV isn't as bad a fate as it was even 10 years ago specially as now many actors walk between TV and films just fine, but I get your point. I don't think she will though.

Edited by Arlborn

Fox seems to be screening the movie this week so they have more faith in it that they did IDR. And the fact this is a comedy and not a franchise should be a sign of faith in the movie. At the same time, Fox seemed to have faith in X-Men: Apocalypse.

1 minute ago, Jay Beezy said:

Fox seems to be screening the movie this week so they have more faith in it that they did IDR. And the fact this is a comedy and not a franchise should be a sign of faith in the movie. At the same time, Fox seemed to have faith in X-Men: Apocalypse.

I don't use when films are screened as a sign of quality anymore. Because its been very evident that studios have no idea what the GA and critics will like. Central Intelligence and The Shallows both were emargoed up until the day before their releases, and they turned out to be way better than some films that were screened early on. 

• Like 1

Even though this still looks bad, it was an interesting change to selling this as based in a true story.   I watched a couple of the early spots and nothing about that,  then in the past few weeks the TV spots have the "based on a true story" thing attached to it.

It looks like a fault of bad writing. Zac Efron, Adam DeVine, Audrey Plaza and Anna Kendrick can all be good comedic actors, and the concept does set up a ton of possible comedic moments, but it seems like low-rent Step Brothers.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MovieGuyKyle17 said:

I just saw an ad for this during Angie Tribeca and my god this looks awful. So much wasted talent. 

Yea I just don't see how this is going to do well. It looks downright awful. Between this and Dirty Grandpa and one could argue Neighbors 2, Zac Efron is just not having the best year. Anna Kendrick always signs up for all these movies that barely anyone sees (besides pitch perfect) so I'm not shocked. Maybe their star power combined can put butts in the theater though. 

The trailers are not encouraging.  In those specific scenes, Anna Kendrick stands out, and the others look like cardboard.  I'm not an Anna Kendrick 'fan' by the way.  She was a face I kinda knew, but not her name attached to that face, until reading this thread.  But she looks natural and the others look .....  unnatural? 

I never root against any movie, and don't here, I'm just giving my opinion.  I see no reason to see this, based on what they have given me so far.

• Like 1

On April 20, 2016 at 3:41 PM, filmlover said:

Her career is so weird. Pitch Perfect movies, the occasional high profile movie like the upcoming The Accountant with Ben Affleck, dumb comedies like this, and a bunch of obscure/DTV stuff that instantly vanishes into the ether.

I mean, she appeared in this. Obviously she's not picky:

Rapture-Palooza poster.jpg

Hello, photoshop on that number.

Man this movie looks bad. I'm not sure why Aubrey Plaza is choosing to turn her post-Parks and Rec career as a zany hot chick who shows a lot of skin in awful comedies like Anna Faris? She can do much, much better.

13 minutes ago, goldenstate5 said:

Hello, photoshop on that number.

Man this movie looks bad. I'm not sure why Aubrey Plaza is choosing to turn her post-Parks and Rec career as a zany hot chick who shows a lot of skin in awful comedies like Anna Faris? She can do much, much better.

Anna Faris gets to shag Chris Pratt....can't get much better than that.

Anyway, Plaza was great in The To-Do List. Funny in Dirty Grandpa too.