LexJoker

Weekend Numbers Jan 23-25 pg 46(AS 64 mill, Mom's cookies 15)

Lets assume marketing budget of 20-25M? (Has it been reported anywhere?)

If that's the case, it probably needs to make about 60M worldwide to break even. I'm not sure it's at the super big profit level just yet.

Of course I'm just making those numbers up, but if anyone has any better guesses, fire away.

The Boy next door cost only 4m..

• Like 2

How much was JD paid for his latest flop?

Considering he was a producer, I imagine around 9m with a back-end deal in case the film become a hit. He was clearly aiming for another franchise and he aimed too far and it fell flat on the ground. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

She said on tv that she had to wear her own clothes in the film. There was no wardrobe for anyone.

Wonder why they dont do that more often. I got enough Polo, Old Navy, Nike, etc. to last beyond 3 months filming.

• Like 4

Huge for AS and TBND, Mortdecai might end up with less than 10m total. It's really feast or famine at the box office so far this year.

Next week has a film or two that could open in the Mortdecai/Strange Magic/Blackhat range too.

• Like 1

That's what I figured given we're getting 17.5M reports already.  It could crack 75M with a 21M Friday, on the lower end 70M would be close

With a 19M Friday, a 63-64M weekend is possible. 21M definitely puts 70+ as a possibility. But it is too early to say for sure, maybe the evening business will just drop precipitously (stranger things have happened  :P )

• Like 2