LexJoker

Weekend Numbers Jan 23-25 pg 46(AS 64 mill, Mom's cookies 15)

I do wish American Sniper sustained and incredible success but I believe $500 million domestic is a bit of a stretch, even for an overtly optimistic individual such as I when it comes to box office predictions and such.  However, if it even does $350 million domestic, barring there are no other major competitors or other surprising break out films, that number is a possibility.  Then, there's that $400 million mark that AS can top if it sustains good legs and the movie just sweeps the nation such as Frozen but even Frozen took quite awhile before hitting that mark. 

Frozen's legs were bonkers, it was actually the slowest to 400M in a single run ever; 155 days, almost double the next closest (THG at 80).  Pulled an 11.5x multiplier from its pre-christmas weekend of 22.6M.

• Like 2

I like how BOM doesn't have a showdown for American Sniper yet. Because really, there is no good comparison for what it's doing right now. It's literally an unprecedented run.

Passion of the Christ maybe.

• Like 4

Every time a new Depp movie comes out I get more excited for Alice 2

Really think we're going to see a historic sequel drop

They should have move it up to this year. We need one extreme historical BO achievement for the other end now that AS has already occupied one end of the spectrum.

• Like 2

Watch Disney significantly cut Depp's part in Alice 2 now that he's bordering on box office poison. They don't mess around these days with success, they'll probably find some smart way to make Alice 2 look appealing.

Watch him have as much screentime as he did Into The Woods. 

• Like 4