LexJoker

Weekend Numbers Jan 23-25 pg 46(AS 64 mill, Mom's cookies 15)

Next week has a film or two that could open in the Mortdecai/Strange Magic/Blackhat range too.

Both The Loft (which was shot in 2011...) and Black or White will flop big time. Project Almanac could do okay, but found footage genre is definitely seeing diminishing returns.

• Like 1

THR is trying to explain the success of Sniper using the most cliched reason ever

Sniper, from Warner Bros. and Village Roadshow, has galvanized Middle America, as well as benefiting from six Oscar nominations, including best picture and best actor (Bradley Cooper).

• Like 3

Ok, I tried to ignore the crazy talk in the last couple of days, but IF it makes 70M+ this weekend would 400M become a posibility?

I'd think it'd become an inevitability. I don't think 400m is crazy talk, especially if it's second weekend is 70m after an 89m opening.

• Like 2

Cooper needs to get himself in a proper blockbuster tentpole type movie now. His draw power is officially huge, and that's mainly from doing the type of films that aren't usually big hits. Imagine if he was in the type that usually are.

Regular blockbuster movies don't do what American Sniper is doing now.

• Like 6

AS needs to stop this now. Seriously. It's not even that good, Lone Survivor was better.

I have to agree that LS was a better movie, but they are both good films, either could have had this type of run ad I would be pleased. At least it's not Taken 3 making this type of money...

Oh and I'm going a but more conservative, and guessing at about 67M this weekend, and 390DOM total.

• Like 1