Mockingjay Raphael

Weekend Numbers SB: 56, AS 24.1, JA 19 pg 54

I heard Jupiter Ascending was on track to top The Avengers OW record

that's goes without saying.  I think kitik wants to know by how much

Edited by 75live
  • Like 1

UPDATE, FRIDAY, 12:30PM:Per industry-reported noon estimates, Paramount’sThe SpongeBob Movie is looking to win Friday and the weekend with respective takes of $8.75M and $35.2M at 3,641 theaters. Warner Bros./Village Roadshow’s Jupiter Ascending is expected to take second today with an estimated$7M at 3,181, but could get beat by American Sniper for the weekend, with the Wachowskis’ sci-fi film nabbing$19.6M and the Clint Eastwood film taking$22.1M at 3,885 with its domestic cume expected to hit $280M by Sunday. Sniper looks to make $6.1M today. In fourth place, Universal/Legacy’sSeventh Son is projected to make $2.75M at 2,875with $7.8M for FSS.

Edited by Donald

UPDATE, FRIDAY, 12:30PM:Per industry-reported noon estimates, Paramount’sThe SpongeBob Movie is looking to win Friday and the weekend with respective takes of $8.75M and $35.2M at 3,641 theaters. Warner Bros./Village Roadshow’s Jupiter Ascending is expected to take second today with an estimated$7M at 3,181, but could get beat by American Sniper for the weekend, with the Wachowskis’ sci-fi film nabbing$19.6M and the Clint Eastwood film taking$22.1M at 3,885 with its domestic cume expected to hit $280M by Sunday. Sniper looks to make $6.1M today. In fourth place, Universal/Legacy’sSeventh Son is projected to make $2.75M at 2,875with $7.8M for FSS.

Seventh Son may be the only time I watched a trailer on YouTube, and quit after 1 minute.

• Like 2

I like the accuracy, 35.2M, 19.6M, 22.1M. Such accurate numbers based on 5-6 hours of Friday matinee business. Friday numbers may have more credence, but not by much.

• Like 1

12:30 pm? Still 3 hours until schools are out and 5 hours until work. Useless. Wait for RTH.

Rth bout to be like "atm thinking spongebob 12-15+, jupiter 6-7, sniper 5-7, seven son 2."

I feel it. In muh veins.

With 16mil spongebob would hit 60mill..

• Like 1

Matrix Revolutions did a pretty good job of insuring that there will never be another Matrix movie.  I'm not just talking about the reception and its staggering Boxoffice drop off from Reloaded, its pretty much impossible to continue the story.

I agree, a Matrix sequel would make no sense from a story point of view, but since when something being a bad idea artistically stop Hollywood if they thought it would make money?

I also agree that A Matrix sequel would be problematic at the box office, but,with three huge bombs in a row, it's the Wachowski only shot of getting a big budget for a long,long time.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-spongebob-sequel-crushing-767766

Paramount's sequel The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water is easily winning the North American box-office race ahead of new big-budget entries Jupiter Ascending and Seventh Son. To boot, it is poised to steal the top perch from reigning champion American Sniper.

Based on Friday traffic, Out of Water should gross between $35 million and $40 million for the weekend, if not more — a tidy sum for Paramount Animation and Nickelodeon Movies. The $66 million family title made a nice splash last weekend overseas, where it made $8 million from its first five territories.

Sniper is expected to come in at No. 2 with $22 million or more in its fourth weekend in nationwide release, putting it in a close race with fellow Warner Bros. title Jupiter Ascending for the second spot.

The biggest loser of the weekend looks to be Legendary Pictures' Seventh Son, a fantasy adventure starring Jeff Bridges and Julianne Moore whose net budget was $95 million. Judging by Friday's business, the film may not crack the $8 million range domestically.

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/box-office-spongebob-soaks-up-35-million-jupiter-ascending-stumbles-1201426530/

The Spongebob Movie: Sponge Out of Water” is heading for a solid $35 million opening weekend at 3,641 U.S. locations, handily beating Warner Bros.’ high-priced “Jupiter Ascending,” which will wind up with a disappointing $20 million from 3,181 theaters, according to early estimates.

Warner Bros.’ “American Sniper,” in its fourth weekend, will likely finish ahead of “Jupiter Ascending” in the No. 2 slot at about $22 million, lifting its stunning total to about $280 million. And Universal-Legendary’s launch of “Seventh Son” showed little life with a projected $8 million opening.