Mockingjay Raphael

Weekend Numbers SB: 56, AS 24.1, JA 19 pg 54

Julianne Cage needs to be a little more selective with her movies. She does so many, of all sizes and genres, like there's no filter. Many of them are great but she also has so many megastinkers. 

Hope 7th Flop doesn't hurt her Oscar chances. 

Edited by Boogie Nights
  • Like 1

Said movies were left for dead by their studios after sitting on the shelf for a while (and judging by the awful reviews both are getting, for good reason too), so no surprise.

And Warners are very happy they managed to pawn Seventh Son off onto Universal,get what ever they invested in the movie back,and save the expnese of marketing and distribution for this fiasco.

Julianne Cage needs to be a little more selective with her movies. She does so many, of all sizes and genres, like there's no filter. Many of them are great but she also has so many megastinkers. 

Julianne Cage :rofl:

Tbh though I loved that movie Chloe she did with Amanda Seyfried.

Edited by aDIM Stormborn
  • Like 1

She's been taking random paycheck movies like this in addition to her other films for most of her career (remember Evolution? Yeah, didn't think so). Seventh Son won't hurt her or her Oscar chances at all.

Edited by filmlover

With the exception of The DUFF and Focus, I think literally every film this month was meant to be released in 2014.

The Lazarus Effect and McFarland as well?

We will see this happen more and more, because studios put the release dates up too soon nowadays. A movie is barely greenlighted and already has a release date.

Edited by CJohn

We will see this happen more and more, because studios put the release dates up too soon nowadays. A movie is barely greenlighted and already has a release date.

McFarland, USA was originally supposed to open in November.

Definently. Most people wrote off Seventh Son a long time ago because of it's incredibly troubled history (being on the shelf for over two years ,having release dates changed 3 times, and having Warners glad to pawn it off onto Universal are not good signs) but there was at least a little uncertainity about Jupiter. But it's three big budget strikes in a row now for the Wachowskis, and think the only way they will get another big budget anytime soon is for them to swallow their pride and do another Matrix film,and just accept the heat and ridicule that will come their way because of their constant statements they would NEVER do another Matrix movie.

Matrix Revolutions did a pretty good job of insuring that there will never be another Matrix movie.  I'm not just talking about the reception and its staggering Boxoffice drop off from Reloaded, its pretty much impossible to continue the story.

• Like 2

Matrix Revolutions did a pretty good job of insuring that there will never be another Matrix movie.  I'm not just talking about the reception and its staggering Boxoffice drop off from Reloaded, its pretty much impossible to continue the story.

that's why they would make prequels ;)

2 execs as a bar:

Exec 1: Hey, you know would make a good movie? QWOP.

Exec 2: QWOP? That flash computer game?

Exec 1: Yes. QWOP. Bitches love QWOP. I smell franchise.

Exec 2: Nice. Good idea. Lets give it a 2017 release date now, and then we can gather at the studio tomorrow when we're sober so we can actually talk about this.

• Like 1

Doesn't matter. Her career is what it is. I'm surprised she hasn't won an Oscar before. She's certainly talented enough and has had some great roles.  If she's happy with what she's doing I'm happy for her.

• Like 1

Revolutions still made 430M WW in 2003, without 3D and the huge OS expansion in the last few years. A Matrix movie would be huge in Asia these days.