grim22

Free State of Jones | June 24, 2016 | Matthew McConaughey, Gugu Mbatha-Raw. Directed by Gary Ross | First Trailer on Page 2!

13 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

I know this was 16 years ago, but The Patriot was released shortly before 4th Of July. But this won't come close to that film's total.

They're likely thinking that they can see bigger grosses closer to the 4th of July, which seems reasonable (this was destined to get lost in May). But the real question is, who will actually pick this over Independence Day 2 that weekend? Other than perhaps seniors.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2016 at 5:20 PM, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

How did I miss this trailer?? 

I wish the preview didn't give away what is probably the best scene in the movie (the funeral ambush). As a result, I will not be seeing this in theaters.

13 hours ago, filmlover said:

They're likely thinking that they can see bigger grosses closer to the 4th of July, which seems reasonable (this was destined to get lost in May). But the real question is, who will actually pick this over Independence Day 2 that weekend? Other than perhaps seniors.

Agreed seniors may go see this over Independence Day but the film could be helped out by that, potential word of mouth, and legs.

• Like 1

On March 9, 2016 at 6:04 PM, filmlover said:

I'm sure it's a better movie than The Patriot.  That movie was such shit when they burned the church down with all the people in it I fucking laughed.  Burn those stupid characters down, this movie sucks!

• Like 2

On 5/20/2016 at 11:55 PM, kowhite said:

I'm sure it's a better movie than The Patriot.  That movie was such shit when they burned the church down with all the people in it I fucking laughed.  Burn those stupid characters down, this movie sucks!

The Patriot is....not good. 

• Like 3