Olive

Weekend 3/13-15 Official Estimates: Cinderella 70.1m, RAN 11m

A great bounce back for your boy after Crap Ryan. I'm seeing it Tuesday.

Not Crap Ryan but Decent/Meh Ryan. Though decent/meh is bad for Sir Ken because when he fails it's normally  (preferably) a big mess.

Edited by CindddeeeerStellan
  • Like 2

If you only knew how demeaning this looked :unsure:

When Emma Stone first came on the scene, she talked about not wanting to be the typical Hollywood actress who starves herself. Well, she has lost a ton of weight and is exactly what she said she would never become.

No.  It opened just under Oz [which also opened in March] and that did $79m

Cinderella's audience is way more female and young skewing than Oz or Maleficent were, not sure what that means for legs, would be interesting to track. 

Oz: The audience wound up skewing slightly female (52 percent); surprisingly, families only made up 41 percent of attendance, while couples accounted for 43 percent. 

Maleficent: Maleficent's audience was 60 percent female and 51 percent over the age of 25. Families accounted for 45 percent of attendance.

Cinderella (for Friday): The picture played 77% female, 42% under 18, 14% 18-24, 16% 25-34, 19% 35-49, and 9% 50 and up. 

Edited by grim22
  • Like 4

Jack Ryan peaks with the heist around the middle, that was really good. The finale is surprisingly dull.

Right on the nose. Started going downhill after the kidnapping. But up until that point it was quite good especially the dinner scene and all the events surrounding it.

• Like 2

Cinderella's audience is way more female and young skewing than Oz or Maleficent were, not sure what that means for legs, would be interesting to track. 

Oz: The audience wound up skewing slightly female (52 percent); surprisingly, families only made up 41 percent of attendance, while couples accounted for 43 percent. 

Maleficent: Maleficent's audience was 60 percent female and 51 percent over the age of 25. Families accounted for 45 percent of attendance.

Cinderella (for Friday): The picture played 77% female, 42% under 18, 14% 18-24, 16% 25-34, 19% 35-49, and 9% 50 and up. 

Theater full of women and girls of all ages today when I saw it.

Can we please not tear Maleficent down to lift Cindy up though? Both are wonderful accomplishments. All hail Disney. :worthy:

Both did or are doing very well. But once you account for the budgets (95M for Cinderella and 180M for Maleficent), Cinderella is the big winner (at least domestically).

Cinderella wasn't quite as jizz-worthy as the critics are making it out to be. I agree more with its MC score than its RT score. Gorgeously  mounted but YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN SCENE AFTER SCENE. I did like the character of Cinderella though. She wins you over. 

• Like 2

Both did or are doing very well. But once you account for the budgets (95M for Cinderella and 180M for Maleficent), Cinderella is the big winner (at least domestically).

I do not see a sense in picking only one detail out of the sum to compare movies success. Especially as the kind of story, in a way even genre... seems not to be compareable to begin with

(btw, me female,... not interested in - or even willing to watch - any of both of them)

I do not see a sense in picking only one detail out of the sum to compare movies success. Especially as the kind of story, in a way even genre... seems not to be compareable to begin with

(btw, me female,... not interested in - or even willing to watch - any of both of them)

Both are big successes and btw, I have no desire to watch any of them either ("me male"). But I was just pointing out that Disney will probably make a bigger profit out of Cinderella, both being live-action fantasy adaptations.

Edited by zenithtim

Both are big successes and btw, I have no desire to watch any of them either ("me male"). But I was just pointing out that Disney will probably make a bigger profit out of Cinderella, both being live-action fantasy adaptations.

Understand.

Might be, depends probably a lot on how the blond, other story type.... will be received in non-US... countries.

It might be able to beat the $3/4bn+ of Maleficent, but with the considerable bad exchange rates for so many countries nowadays it might be more difficult then some might expect. Alone the Euro lost ~ 25%, the countries with the Euro (and the countries without Euro, but currenciy 'logged' to it), are not a small percentage of the foreign BO, Russia's Rubel even way more worse

Only out of curiousity:

are you aware about Maleficent making in dom alone considerable more money via DVD/Blu-Ray sales as e.g. Transformers 4?

• Like 1

Cinderella wasn't quite as jizz-worthy as the critics are making it out to be. I agree more with its MC score than its RT score. Gorgeously  mounted but YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN SCENE AFTER SCENE. I did like the character of Cinderella though. She wins you over. 

When  I first saw the trailer, I thought the actress was too bland but in the movie she was so charming and will really win you over

• Like 1