Olive

Weekend Estimates: Insurgent 54m | Cinderella $34.5m pg 29

Digital Tracking: ‘Insurgent’ on Track for Solid Debut

http://variety.com/2015/digital/news/digital-tracking-insurgent-on-track-to-top-divergent-opening-at-box-office-1201457184/

Insurgent,” Lionsgate
Moviepilot Prediction: $56 million

“Insurgent” will ride a wave of engagement to top this weekend’s box office, and looks well placed to spring past the $54.6 million opening of last year’s “Divergent.”

Don't know what to believe anymore i hope they are right

Edited by mredman

They'll just make the final book one movie instead of two and open it in March 2017. They won't risk getting completely run over by Batman v. Superman, especially not when this series is already showing signs of vulnerability.

They'll just make the final book one movie instead of two and open it in March 2017. They won't risk getting completely run over by Batman v. Superman, especially not when this series is already showing signs of vulnerability.

Thats too long.  Has to be 2016.  Or include 2017 as well if 2 films. 

Thats too long.  Has to be 2016.  Or include 2017 as well if 2 films. 

The current release date is horrible though, for one main reason - no IMAX. Warcraft will get IMAX at the beginning of March and BvS will take IMAX on March 25th. Divergent had a 10% IMAX share on OW and I expect Insurgent to have the same IMAX share as well. A loss of the IMAX 3D upcharge will hurt Allegiant in its current release date both domestic and OS.

http://variety.com/2015/digital/news/digital-tracking-insurgent-on-track-to-top-divergent-opening-at-box-office-1201457184/

Variety is just posting their tracking prediction from earlier. They refuse to give up.

• Like 1

That doesn't look like an estimate. I don't see a Friday number.

we don't even know what the weekend numbers will be many are still saying it will pass Divergent.

If Friday estimate is correct it will need a good increase Saturday to beat Divergent's OW. Friday's number includes Thursday previews of 4.1m.

Some of you are truly clueless.  Why would they cancel the split of the two films?  It's a license to print money.  The US is just one market.  If this increases significantly internationally and then the next two films combine to make even just 600 mill, they have done their job.  You forget that theatrical is just the prelude to the cash.  Each films goes on DVD, BR, on Demand, digital download and so on.  Why on earth would the cancel the split just because it drops in gross in the US?

6733_8f77.gif

• Like 8

How?  By increasing world wide?  Do you really think they sink these kinds of budgets in films if they are just worried about domestic?

• Like 1