sfran43

Weekend Actual #'s | Furious 7 outperforms estimates -- $147.2m actuals!

Blew its load too quickly I'm afraid.

I saw the movie recently. Shit is legit awful. One of the worst pieces of garbage I ever seen in my life.

Edited by CJohn

Furious 7 has brought the world together with tons of gratuitous ass shots, well done.

I can imagine James Wan on set saying "WE NEED MOOOOOOAAAAR ASS SHOTS!!!!".

• Like 2

No :lol:

Wow. Luckily it did really great overseas and the budget was low. Just weird that it "petered" out like this in NA.

Not even close. Worse multiplier than Godzilla.

That is sad.

Blew its load too quickly I'm afraid.

So unsatisfying, lol.

• Like 1

Lol I wonder if Bay directed Fast 7 lol 

Family thing would have been nullified to shit, and the action would have been filmed like a madman...

Not to mention it would have approached 3hrs in runtime. 

• Like 1

Family thing would have been nullified to shit, and the action would have been filmed like a madman...

Not to mention it would have approached 3hrs in runtime. 

I know people parody the family theme buts its a strong selling point to audiences.

You really like the characters as they really care for each other. Torreto is like the man who takes it all for his 'family' 

It helps be a bit more then just TNA and explosions.

Selling point to these films

Action

Cars

Hot chicks

Cool and likeable Male Stars

Family

Comedy between Characters

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 2

Furious 7 has brought the world together with tons of gratuitous ass shots, well done.

James Wan to the writers of The Conjuring 2:

"I've read the latest draft guys.  Just one thing.  More ass shots."

• Like 5

I don't get the people who compare transformers to fast and furious like some people here who are all "oh, how come one gets a pass and the other doesn't"? and that line of thinking makes no sense to me. Bay almost comes across as a misanthrope w/ his movies and the fast movies are essentially the opposite.

• Like 5

I don't get the people who compare transformers to fast and furious like some people here who are all "oh, how come one gets a pass and the other doesn't"? and that line of thinking makes no sense to me. Bay almost comes across as a misanthrope w/ his movies and the fast movies are essentially the opposite.

I saw someone say this on Reddit the other day. The topic was "Why does Michael Bay get shitted on for directing Michael Bay films, but the Fast and Furious movies are somewhat beloved, despite being Michael Bayish?"

Fast and furious are very selfaware and are like adults doing a reenactment of how we played with our toys back when we were kids, smashing our cars together going "vroom vroom". Transformers are like your drunk uncle stealing and breaking your robot toys, while having them act out very inappropriate stupid, sexual, absurd situations, thereby ruining it for everyone.

• Like 9

Generally movies that hold better than norm show a sign of good legs. Example Avengers, TDK , Star Trek etc. But we have few cases of movies benefiting from better than expected sunday due to spillovers and still have mediocre legs. New Moon and SM3 etc. Let us see how F7 behaves.

I would predict at least F6 legs because WOM is strong and PW factor should help post OW as well.

Not even close. Worse multiplier than Godzilla.

What do you mean, "not even close"? 1.94x is not close to 2x?

That frustrates me too. I don't even like Fast and Furious but Bay's movies are so utterly offensive and foul. I would even describe some of them as evil. It's completely incomparable.

edit: I don't think FF treats women appropriately, but it's not even close to Bay

Edited by treeroy
  • Like 1