Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

I'm not going to start trudging through the last god knows how many pages of the Avengers thread but there were a few people saying 40mil.

Check the AOU thread post #2. No trudging required.

I foree a repeat of ta and im3 opening day.

Good previews low estimate of Friday...panic...

Naa, after TA everyone knows how huge Friday and Sat are/will be.

It's amazing that on a box office forum there are so many who don't seem to understand how previews work. Considering that we're not in summer and that AOU is not a young adult book adaptation, 30m was basically a dream. A prediction of 25m would have made a bit more sense, but even then we're talking about a number far higher than anything we've seen for a movie in this situation before.

• Like 7

I foree a repeat of ta and im3 opening day.

Good previews low estimate of Friday...panic...

There should be no panic.  No Friday estimate pre-12 AM tonight other than Rth's should be taken seriously.  The media outlets are all terrible at early extrapolations.

Edited by Spizzer - Manav
  • Like 1

Seriously.  We're going to get like a 25M figure soon.  

Then 4PM EST we'll get an update saying strong matinees, on pace with TA and TDK and IM3.  Then 10PM EST we'll get an 85M estimate and there will be mass hysteria.  Then 2AM EST we'll get a 95M estimate and it'll be hysteria in the opposite direction.

• Like 2

Seriously. We're going to get like a 25M figure soon.

Then 4PM EST we'll get an update saying strong matinees, on pace with TA and TDK and IM3. Then 10PM EST we'll get an 85M estimate and there will be mass hysteria. Then 2AM EST we'll get a 95M estimate and it'll be hysteria in the opposite direction.

I think an $85m od would be considered really great by almost everyone. (Expect those pretending it's bad cause they're not rooting for it)

25M if true is slightly disappointing, remember TA1 did 18.7M with proper midnight.

It really isn't though because most Marvel movies don't go that high, IM3 being a big example.

Rth didn't give a number or am I missing it?

He hinted at it being under 30M, though when we say hint, he just liked someone's comment that said 27-29M.

• Like 2

Rth didn't give a number or am I missing it?

Hinted at under $30m and liked someone's post that said $25m. So we're all figuring it's between there.