Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

I will say a 100m OD would have been absolutely awesome.  :(

Yes it would have but nice to see, but so be it and nothing wrong with 85 if it get there , If aou had played out same as TA or even ff7 with matinees it would have been well over 100mil but no1 was going to go with that, that's why you don't see hourly samples there are too many variables that can effect final outcome. Even AOU  at 11pm the sample theatres used represented a much higher ratio to total day then  about anything I can recall and also given fact its on over 4000 theatres. Some analyst decided not to budge on around 85-90 to begin with which turned out to be the way to go.

• Like 14

Yes it would have but nice to see, but so be it and nothing wrong with 85 if it get there , If aou had played out same as TA or even ff7 with matinees it would have been well over 100mil but no1 was going to go with that, that's why you don't see hourly samples there are too many variables that can effect final outcome. Even AOU  at 11pm the sample theatres used represented a much higher ratio to total day then  about anything I can recall and also given fact its on over 4000 theatres. Some analyst decided not to budge on around 85-90 to begin with which turned out to be the way to go.

Below DH2 for sure?

If it is 85, after opening at 7pm Thursday, then there's no way it's touching the OW record imo.

Would do well to hit 200

Still huge, huge numbers

$185m-$190m. 

Around $460m-$480m final gross. 

so 85 huh? great number even though not the one expected by many on here!  so no record bummmer i hope it gets A record this weekend , will be too sad!

seems we'll have to wait for king james cameron for a splash to happen again !!!

so 85 huh? great number even though not the one expected by many on here!  so no record bummmer i hope it gets A record this weekend , will be too sad!

seems we'll have to wait for king james cameron for a splash to happen again !!!

Nah, SW.

Cameron movies sneak up on you, they don't break opening records.

Edited by Elessar

Wait....what? I woke up this morning expecting estimates to be close to 100m. And instead it went down to 85m and DH2 holds on to the OD record!!!! For who knows how much longer? Yesss!!! So ecstatic!

• Like 1

$85m

$56m

$44m

$185m OW

OH...dear.

It is not gonna happen, but can you imagine BKB's meltdown if it did :rofl: ?

Jack would totally say it was a movie ahead of his time like he did with TASM2 :rofl: (not Jack Nevada, the walls of text one).

I see the Sunday hold being better just because of the fight tonight being a huge draw for millions of people.

$85M OD is a great number I think everyone just got a little carried away with themselves, including me, and thought $100OD was going to happen.

The number isn't bad, infact its very very super good. The thing is the goodness of the numbers is subjective and 85m is not as good for AOU as it eould have been for some other movie. Its just like how 400m would be a very big achievment for any movie but still a disappointment for AOU. That's the difference. The number isnt bad but slightly disappointing. Disappointing in keeping with our predictions. But tbh our predictions were a tad too high and the number isn't really disappointing as its still greater than the first movie's number. It would have been really disappointing if it had been lower than that.

I see the Sunday hold being better just because of the fight tonight being a huge draw for millions of people.

$85M OD is a great number I think everyone just got a little carried away with themselves, including me, and thought $100OD was going to happen.

There ya go.  Same here.