Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

I want Neo to admit he was dead wrong too, guy makes crazy predictions like BKB & very few call him on it.

Well, he does admit he's wrong but he's so clinical about everything that it's hard to really get any satisfaction out of it.

• Like 2

Is that all you have? You get owned on the points that you brought up and rather than showing some maturity (which you claim to like to see), you go back to your Rth hatred? Come on man, you're better than that.

Not a fan of going in circles with someone who won't understand, had already been proven wrong multiple times in this thread/ in the past 13 hours lol. Waste of time thanks though.

Do i really live in a world where 84.5 mill OD is bad???

We hoped for more yes. But its great. And when tomorrow hits mid to high 60's everything is great again :)

It's not bad. It's just incredibly underwhelming for a film that comes after a 600m+ grosser that was pegged to break the OD and OW record. Yet it's failed to top even 60m for daytime Friday business. 

Edited by Heretic

I feel that AoU has a great opportunity to be a better AVENGERS movie (the team showing their human side, fears etc, Hulkbuster fight is pure SH awesomeness, more human drama, James Spader voice )  than the first one but alas they slap a completely ho-hum 3rd act full of your typical concrete destruction from the last 15 years of action cinema. 

True. That's why I think it won't make $217M but it can still make around $210M imo. But anything above $200M is still massive.

For it to reach $210m it has to increase a crazy amount today. Have you run the math on that? It's like a 25-30% Saturday increase. There's pretty much zero chance of that happening. IM3 increased 18% and TA1 increased 12%. This was a lot more frontloaded than either of them on Friday and the boxing match will probably cost it at least a couple million bucks today.

• Like 2

It's even better than earlier. It also ilustrates quite nicely that what I've been repeating for about a year now is true: the novelty element, that transformed TA in the beast it was, is gone. It's truly stunning really that this will manage to retain such a big part of the originals OW, even if it will likely decrease by more than 100M when we talk total.

• Like 1

84M

60M

45M

189M

So basically it needs to defy all odds of a sequel and increase from Friday day business and at least hit 65M today and have a decrease less than 25% to stand a chance to hit over 200M.

Marvel sequels increase from Friday day biz. I don't think it's a question that it will increase, it's just whether it's a really slight bump or something more.

Guys, don t talk to me about franchise fatigue for a film that s gonna do 500m dom and 1,5B WW, it s ridiculous.

The first Avengers totally overperformed, what s so hard to understand really ?

It s a Spiderman, Spiderman 2 situation all over again.

Agree. The 1st movie over-performing should not take away from the next movie's good performance.

I think it also happened with CoS and SS, but by a wider margin, probably cause the 1st one aroused larger curiosity outside the fan-base (as the fan-base was as well defined as the one for TA1 after so many Marvel films)

If Spiderman/Spiderman 2 happens with TA1/AoU, AoU will end up with ~580m. If SS/CoS happens it will get ~517m.

Edited by a2k