Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

• Community Manager

What are you talking about? What's your point? Furious 7 increased immensely in the States. My point is that Ultron's only disappointing number is the domestic one. I'm not saying Ultron is doing bad in general, but It's doing shockingly bad compared to other markets. This is a domestic thread, so I'm allowed to use the expression disappointing which is obvious in this case.

My point is that it can't be doing Shockingly bad if it's not doing bad at all. You brought up it is doing bad compared to international markets and then you asked for an example when I pointed out almost every film does.

Folks seem to enjoy the trailer...burst out laughing at this scene...

post-61501-antman-thomas-the-tank-train-

I have a feeling that the Marvel fatigue club is going to use Ant-Man as a poster child. But who knows maybe it'll surprise.

My favorite thing about this weekend and Interstellar's weekend was that they were both humbling experiences for Nolanites and Marvelites after critical and box office response.

Um no. Aren't you forgetting that Interstellar was Nolan's "little art film"? :lol:

• Like 1

No you won't. You'll bounce back with CA: Civil War and you'll do it next year!

Personally, I am a bit of a Marvel movie fan, and I was always more excited about Civil War than AOU, especially when I learned that AOU's big baddie was going to be a fucking

robot. That didn't excite me in the slightest. Maybe the movie should have been more direct that Thanos was the one that created Ultron to get rid of the Avengers. There were subtle hints about it, but guess what, I'm not one for subtlety or the use of metaphors in movies.

Edited by Warhorse

Yeah...

Here's a brief rundown in Avengers numbers here:

Friday - 3413

Saturday - 3,080

Sunday - 2,878 - with 10 shows left today

Am I reading that right? There are 10 shows left and without those 10 shows your theater has sold only 200 less tickets than Saturday?

Edited by Walt Disney
  • Like 4

Go Warriors! Go Warriors! Go Warriors!

Am I reading that right? There are 10 shows left ad without those 10 shows your theater has sold only 200 less tickets than Saturday?

yes.

• Like 1

Yeah...

Friday - 3413

Saturday - 3,080

That Saturday is brutal. Almost 10% drop from non-preview Friday business. Good to see a really nice bounceback today.

• Like 1

My point is that it can't be doing Shockingly bad if it's not doing bad at all. You brought up it is doing bad compared to international markets and then you asked for an example when I pointed out almost every film does.

I have a feeling that the Marvel fatigue club is going to use Ant-Man as a poster child. But who knows maybe it'll surprise.

I'm not even sure what numbers would constitute good/bad/whatever for Ant-Man. Right now, I'm thinking it'll be a win if it just manages to do the 2x its budget thing.

No, you pointed out a wrong example. Furios 7 is increased in the States. Granted some films get help from certain OS market, take a look at Pacific Rim for instance, but you're missing my point. Show me a sequel that increased in almost every OS market, but decreased in the States drastically? It is doing shockingly bad in that respect. 

Edited by Alfredstellar

I'm not even sure what numbers would constitute good/bad/whatever for Ant-Man. Right now, I'm thinking it'll be a win if it just manages to do the 2x its budget thing.

CA:TFA adjusted is about $180M. I think if it does $180M, then that would be good.

Yeah...

Friday - 3413

Saturday - 3,080

Woah, that's quite a lot, and with 10 shows left today!!
  • Like 1

• Community Manager

No, you pointed out a wrong example. Furios 7 is increased in the States. Granted some films get help from certain OS market, take a look at Pacific Rim for instance, but you're missing my point. Show me a sequel that increased in almost every OS market, but decreased in the States drastically? It is doing shockingly bad in that respect.

Transformers: Age of Extinction.
  • Like 1

Spider-Man 3? Not the prettiest of comparisons, but probably true depending on your definition of drastically.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1