abra

Thursday numbers AoU ~ 8.61 Actual | ~ 8% DROP

You know?? I feel bad for feeling like this and can't help it, but I waited 3 years for this movie, was excited as all hell and the moment the early reviews came in leveling this, plus that lame ass fight  in the same weekend, I've never really recovered from this and probably won't until CIVIL WAR...

Mad Max will cheer ya up. ;)

• Like 1

The gap between IM3 dailies and TA2 is steadily shrinking. That's a bit worrisome. I was hoping that it would steadily grow.

As TA2 faces a smaller movie this weekend than what IM3 faced in its second weekend, I am hoping for a bigger Friday increase.

You know?? I feel bad for feeling like this and can't help it, but I waited 3 years for this movie, was excited as all hell and the moment the early reviews came in leveling this, plus that lame ass fight  in the same weekend, I've never really recovered from this and probably won't until CIVIL WAR...

Come on. At the end of the day what matters is how much you enjoyed the movie. AOU is doing fine.

• Like 2

Good number

Headed for around 80M, which is very good: 315M after 10 days. On par with The Dark Knight. After this 10 days gross, if the % of the total is better than 63%, it will gross over 500M

Iron man 3 needed six more days to reach that mark! Iron man3 problems were the bad legs in weeks 3-4 due to competition. Avengers 2 doesn't have that competition and legs are going to be better, specially in its fourth weekend.

• Like 1

Good number

Headed for around 80M, which is very good: 315M after 10 days. On par with The Dark Knight. After this 10 days gross, if the % of the total is better than 63%, it will gross over 500M

Iron man 3 needed six more days to reach that mark! Iron man3 problems were the bad legs in weeks 3-4 due to competition. Avengers 2 doesn't have that competition and legs are going to be better, specially in its fourth weekend.

Doubt it reaches 500m, closer to 460m

Possible pace. And I think I have been quite conservative...

25M weekdays (6.5 - 7.5 - 5.5 - 5.5) - 340M

45M third weekend (12.5 - 19.5 - 13) - 385M
14M weekdays (3.5 - 4.5 - 3 - 3) - 399M

35M fourth weekend 4day (7 - 11 - 10 - 7) - 434M

Only 66M away of the 500M mark. IM3 did 33M after Memorial Day, its MD was really lower (24.6M 4day) and its ffth weekend wasn't good either.

AoU does have competition from both Mad Maz and Pitch Perfect 2.

Yes, they are competition, but MM and PP2 cannot be compared to the impact Star Trek2 had over IM3

• Like 3

Pretty good.  Avengers was 9%.

As we've been saying all week...

It depends on this weekend to see if AOU picks up some of the [supposedly] lost revenue from opening weekend.

Yea but those folks who paid $100 to watch the Mayweather-Pac fight is probably teasing their younger brothers for being comic book geeks.

What I'm saying probably not an overlap demographics and that's a rather dispiriting trend. I thought Ultron has more interesting story than 

the 1st Avengers, although TA1 has better pacing and action. Less play-do CGI next time, Marvel, more scenes like the Thor's hammer contest.

• Like 1

Yes, they are competition, but MM and PP2 cannot be compared to the impact Star Trek2 had over IM3

I don't know if it is that simple. PP2 and Fury Road will combine to take away more screens from TA2. They may also combine to make more money than Star Trek 2 on their opening weekend if the tracking numbers are accurate ($40 million+ for both).

AOU is following IM3 pretty closely, which seems about right since quality wise, they were about the same imo.  

I don't think this is going to hit 475.

• Like 1

AOU is following IM3 pretty closely, which seems about right since quality wise, they were about the same imo.

I don't think this is going to hit 475.

Shut up B. I need AoU to somehow hit 470M!  :ph34r:

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 3