kayumanggi

WEEKEND ESTIMATES | 05.08.15 - 05.10.15

On the bright side, the worse Avengers does, the more likely Pitch Perfect 2 and Mad Max match it's opening weekend combined... wait I should keep my expectations in check:

Pitch Perfect 2 - 110M

Mad Max: Fury Road - 80M

yeah that looks right

Pitch Perfect 2 broke out huge in Australia.

PP2 should end up around 9 depending on Sunday 8.7-9.3

Using the Australia to US box office multiplier, that is a 90M opening equivalent.

Expectations along with those Early Numbers again will get you every time...

When today's early numbers come in we can whack off 15% automatically. Then we'll have a better idea of what the finals will be. ^_^

for the longest time i thought mj2 could be #2 dom this year, ahead of star wars. i threw that away when mj1 dropped and the sw7 teasers came out and looked so fucking good, but now it's back on the table, except ahead of aou. i love 2015  :wub:

for the longest time i thought mj2 could be #2 dom this year, ahead of star wars. i threw that away when mj1 dropped and the sw7 teasers came out and looked so fucking good, but now it's back on the table, except ahead of aou. i love 2015 :wub:

I was laughed at when I said that mj1 would finish under $300 mill, but I ended up being a lot closer than some other predictions.

I still don't think part 2 will hit 400.

for the longest time i thought mj2 could be #2 dom this year, ahead of star wars. i threw that away when mj1 dropped and the sw7 teasers came out and looked so fucking good, but now it's back on the table, except ahead of aou. i love 2015 :wub:

Even with AOU underperforming, I don't see MJ2 coming within $50m of it.

• Like 2

LOL I blame Austin Rivers.

rth what was L.A. looking like between 7:30-10pm?

:) well LA/NYC had worse increases over thu of top 20 markets and LA had one highest drops from Last Fri (-80%)

All should :), probably why DL didn't put out early one , initial weekend was put out at 90m(although that doesn't take into account day trade, too early),  the initial 24-28 was actually lower level then what day trade suggested, then lowered 23.5-25.8(same case as earlier)  well after that Gitesh put out 25m ,couple hours later Disney had it 22-25, then I put out 21-22 then later DL was given 21.7-9 can't recall.

So is it because AOU a matinee movie? It's weird that it's daily number often went down from the early estimates.

Don't stop giving us numbers btw. It's us who should stop hoping for the best. :P

few  factors but thats one, 

With Friday for example matinee sample, 40% above IM3,45% above FF7, 2.2 times TWS, 91% of TA(up to a point it was higher) , then by mid eve drops away

• Like 4

350m tops for Floppingjay Part 2, bank on it.

Why are you always being rather stupid about MJ2? 

It was just the same when you predicted $295m for DH2. And then said the max it would do was $310m. Yes, I remember. 

Love you Ozy, but you're so ridiculous when it comes to predicting how MJ2 will do.

• Like 1

:) well LA/NYC had worse increases over thu of top 20 markets and LA had one highest drops from Last Fri (-80%)

How's Seattle doing? It doesn't feel like a movie that plays super well here, but I'm curious how it actually fits with general trends.

Why are you always being rather stupid about MJ2? 

It was just the same when you predicted $295m for DH2. And then said the max it would do was $310m. Yes, I remember. 

Love you Ozy, but you're so ridiculous when it comes to predicting how MJ2 will do.

His unconditional love for Jennifer Lawrence messes with his head.

He's the guy that gave THG a B+ when he first saw it in theaters. Now it's an F film to him. 

As if his irrational hatred towards its success had nothing to do with it. Anything that comes out from Ozy's mouth about THG is filled with hate and illogical statements.

Any reason why ERC would go with a different number than everyone including Disney? Just curious, what would be their reasoning?

Have they updated their number? Perhaps they simply are still using their earlier one? I know some box-office people -- like Len Krady of MCN -- use their own estimates instead of the studio's.

Have they updated their number? Perhaps they simply are still using their earlier one? I know some box-office people -- like Len Krady of MCN -- use their own estimates instead of the studio's.

Even MCN has 21.4M.