grim22

Monday numbers Rth: Mad Max #1 with 5.3M, PP2 5.21M AoU 3.4M #AnUpsetForTheAges

That's a good Max hold, but remember it also skews older.  Films that skew older tend to drop softer on weekdays anyways. While this is a good indicator for good WoM, I wouldn't start calling 200m+ yet.  

PP2 may hold somewhat like the first Sex and The City to The Great Gatsby, which would put it around the 180m-200m range.

Edited by The Panda
  • Like 1

PP2 is going to have horrible legs. I've been saying on the PP2 thread that the film is geared toward it's target audience and anybody who hasn't seen it already isn't in their target audience. Second weekend will be okay and then it's going to fall off the map.

I looked up numbers for American Sniper hoping for a recent R-rated film with good WOM to compare with and saw DOM $349 million! Wow, did not know it grossed that much. Any other good R-rated films to compare with because $349 seems like a super reach for Mad Max.

• Like 1

Maybe 300? Similar buzz I remembered. But it wasn't critically acclaimed like Mad Max.

Mad Max had better reviews but I think 300 would have had better WOM amongst moviegoers. That film is a proper mans film.

Maybe 300? Similar buzz I remembered. But it wasn't critically acclaimed like Mad Max.

300 had way more casual audience reception. 

This is Sparta!! is likely one of the most recognizable movie quotes recently lol. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

Yeah, 300 had a huge impact. Not necessarily for being a great film, but for its outrageous action and of course "THIS IS SPARTA"

Snyder can only dream BvS will replicate the same thing.

Mad Max had better reviews but I think 300 would have had better WOM amongst moviegoers. That film is a proper mans film.

Proper man's film? The fuck is that?

I loved Mad Max but found 300 so forgettable.

• Like 6

American Sniper is the only film in history that finished #1 domestically but not in the top 5 for the year worldwide.

It was THIRTEEN. lol

The times, they are a changin'

That's a good Max hold, but remember it also skews older. Films that skew older tend to drop softer on weekdays anyways. While this is a good indicator for good WoM, I wouldn't start calling 200m+ yet.

PP2 may hold somewhat like the first Sex and The City to The Great Gatsby, which would put it around the 180m-200m range.

For Max I would be ecstatic with 150m

• Like 1