kayumanggi

Mission: Impossible - Fallout | July 27 2018 | Paramount | Reactions coming in | "Best action movie since Fury Road"

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/christopher-mcquarrie-naming-mission-impossible-fallout/

“The title has multiple meanings in the film, from the literal to the figurative,” explains McQuarrie. “There is the threat of nuclear terrorism hanging over the movie, which is the literal threat.”

And the figurative? “There’s the notion that what’s happened in the movie is the end result of choices that Ethan Hunt has made in his life. It’s Ethan’s past come back to haunt him. It’s the fallout of all his good intentions.”

“The one thing that came out of it was I thought it should be a one-word title,” he says. “This is a different kind of movie, it should be expressing a different attitude. It should be striking its own ground, and that’s what I felt Fallout did.” Not to mention, Mission: Impossible — The Last Jedi was not an option. “We were a week late,” he sighs. “We were ready to register the title and they got in there first. That was really a bummer.”

• Like 2

Why does Cavill fight in a bathroom so often? Seriously, though, that small snippet of the fight scene looks pretty damn amazing. I hope Cavill lives at the end, so he can make it to the next sequel. He looks so perfect for this franchise. Forget Superman, we need you in this.