kayumanggi

Mission: Impossible - Fallout | July 27 2018 | Paramount | Reactions coming in | "Best action movie since Fury Road"

I can't watch this movie. Much love for the cast and crew, but Tom Cruise is the one actor where I can't pay to watch his films after the horrors he's known about within Scientology but refuses to speak about. Especially obvious now that Katie Holmes divorced him to save her daughter from Scientology.

3 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Wait, wait. I keep reading that Tom Cruise essentially did all of his stunts? I assumed that he simply did more than most do but hardly all. Is this the case? Cruiser was diving out of the back of a plane take after take?

Don't believe for a minute that Cruise...or any other star of an action movie..does all  his own stunts.That is crap.  The studio is not going to risk really serious ,permanent injury to a star. The finiancial risks are simply too high. They only do relatively safe stunts, where the worse risk is maybe a broken bone and three weeks in a cast. The really dangerous stuff they do not do.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

Don't believe for a minute that Cruise...or any other star of an action movie..does all  his own stunts.That is crap.  The studio is not going to risk really serious ,permanent injury to a star. The finiancial risks are simply too high. They only do relatively safe stunts, where the worse risk is maybe a broken bone and three weeks in a cast. The really dangerous stuff they do not do.

Pretty sure Jackie Chan essentially did all of his for a long while there.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I'd never see a film if I had to go by the morality of the cast and crew.

This.

I despise Cruise's involvement with the destructive cult call the Church of Scientology, but I like a lot of the movies he does.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Pretty sure Jackie Chan essentially did all of his for a long while there.

But then CHan was as good a athelete as most stunt men.

You can believe what you want, but I am going to be very skeptical of "he does all his won stunts" simply because the risks are too high. Unless provne otherwise, I will consider it just PR Hype.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Noctis said:

I can't watch this movie. Much love for the cast and crew, but Tom Cruise is the one actor where I can't pay to watch his films after the horrors he's known about within Scientology but refuses to speak about. Especially obvious now that Katie Holmes divorced him to save her daughter from Scientology.

Who cares? His personal life is his business.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, aabattery said:

I think Cruise is somewhat of an exception when it comes to stunts. Certainly seems like he did the most major stunts for this, anyway.

He probably did the early stages, but when it got to the point where it got really dangerous a stuntman stepped in. I repeat, the risks are simply to high.

2 minutes ago, Heat Vision said:

Who cares? His personal life is his business.

I sort of agree, but if you would bother to read about the COS, you would understand why a lot of us loath the COS and Cruise's involment with it. The COS does what amounts to criminal activity but gets away with it because it is a religion.

I suggest the book ..or the award winning documentary "Going Clear" for  details.

That being said, I will be seeing Fallout this weekend.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, AJG said:

Couldn’t finish MI5 (got bored. Feels more like one of those “one-and-done” movies that I enjoy but don’t need to see more than once). Still excited to see this tomorrow.

tomorrow??

Don't think I can handle 3 movies in one day.. which should I watch MI 4 or 5

3 minutes ago, dudalb said:

He probably did the early stages, but when it got to the point where it got really dangerous a stuntman stepped in. I repeat, the risks are simply to high.

So what stunts do you think he did not do? There's pretty extensive BTS footage of him doing most of the crazier stuff.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Not sure how IMDB / guild casting for stunt double is exact they are really often uncredited, but Cruise has some movies with even a credited stunt double, like this guy:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1341724/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cr1300

The Mummy (Stunt Double: Tom Cruise)

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back (Stunt Double: Tom Cruise)

Edge of Tomorrow (assistant stunt coordinator) / (stunt double: Tom Cruise) 

Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation (assistant stunt coordinator) / (core stunt team) / (lead stunt double: tom cruise) 

Or this guy before:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0642110/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cr232

Jack Reacher (stunt double: Reacher) 

Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (stunt double: Tom Cruise) 

Knight and Day (stunt double: Tom Cruise - uncredited) / (stunts) 

ission: Impossible III (stunt double: Tom Cruise) 

War of the Worlds (stunt double: Tom Cruise) 

Collateral (stunt double: Tom Cruise) 

The Last Samurai (stunt double: Tom Cruise) 

Has for that the studio go, apparently they have to fight but has long the assurance cost is reasonable and that an insure accept the bet, I would imagine they do not mind too much.

I think like pretty much anything people say on the Internet, Cruise make an impressive amount of stunt (even drive the car in some car action sequence while acting and son), but for stuff the camera does not need to be close to is face or not even with is face in the shoot.....

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 3