kayumanggi

Mission: Impossible - Fallout | July 27 2018 | Paramount | Reactions coming in | "Best action movie since Fury Road"

Hoping for a 70mil opening, will be happy with 60+mil. Will be disappointed with a below 60mil opening weekend.  It doesn't look dreary like the similarly well reviewed Apes from last year so I think it has a decent shot at opening with 65mil.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I'm sorry. Are you saying Rogue Nation had a higher percentage with Top Critics than 100% with an 8.8 average rating? Or, did I misread that.

Nope...MI RN has overall RT score of 93 whereas among top critics its 95%. Same think applies to Fallout as well 100% among top critics.

31 minutes ago, John Rambo said:

Woahh costliest MI movie till date....whats the source for this figure?

I mean, the figure makes sense; if I understand correctly, this one has the most big stunts out of all of them, and maybe cruise's ankle injury could have inflated the budget a tiny bit? (maybe like $1-2 million ??)

5 minutes ago, TMP said:

I mean, the figure makes sense; if I understand correctly, this one has the most big stunts out of all of them, and maybe cruise's ankle injury could have inflated the budget a tiny bit? (maybe like $1-2 million ??)

According to THR, it cost them a lot more. The budget is 250m before insurance coverage. They had to pay the crew to keep them from moving on to other productions while he recovered for 8 weeks.

Insurance brings the budget back down to that  178 or so. But yeah the stunts are considerably more complex than previous films, not to mention Cruise probably got a bigger payday (there was a dispute before production).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yeah. This shit is the real deal.

It is ridiculous just how much went into this movie. It's the best in the franchise.

Edit: I wanna say more about this but I'll do it later. I just need to say this: Henry Cavill just needs to stop. Dude has the charisma of cardboard. 

Edited by AJG
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Hoping for a 70mil opening, will be happy with 60+mil. Will be disappointed with a below 60mil opening weekend.  It doesn't look dreary like the similarly well reviewed Apes from last year so I think it has a decent shot at opening with 65mil.

I’m predicting 80M

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, AJG said:

It is ridiculous just how much went into this movie. It's the best in the franchise.

Edit: I wanna say more about this but I'll do it later. I just need to say this: Henry Cavill just needs to stop. Dude has the charisma of cardboard. 

FWIW I don't think Cavill is a good actor but since they rely more on his physical presence in Fallout, he's fine for this role. But he can't really elevate it.

Also, since he seems alien in demeanor, that also makes him work well enough for Superman too. 

Edited by MrPink

40 minutes ago, AJG said:

Just answer me one question:

Was mustache-gate worth it?

(but I take it by your comment, no)

Just now, Macleod said:

Just answer me one question:

Was mustache-gate worth it?

(but I take it by your comment, no)

JL was bad with or without CGI mouth.

Yes mustache gate was worth it for the memes (not to mention he rocks the look) alone.

• Like 1