#ED

Weekend Official Estimates: SA 53.2m, PP 14.4m, TL 13.8m, MMFR 13.6m, AOU 10.9m, Aloha 10m

Tomorrowland is also bombing overseas. John Carter actually did ok OS, but that obviously didn't make up its disastrous domestic boxoffice. :blink:

Tommorwland fares a bit better cause its domestic will be better, and it cost a lot less.

• Like 1

Bird just over-complicated what should have been a simplistic futuristic world

As my friend described it, they go on this adventure to Tomorrowland only to arrive at...a futuristic looking mall.

Pirates of the Caribbean

The Country Bears

The Haunted Mansion

Tommorowland

John Carter

Prince of Persia

The Lone Ranger

The Sorcerer's Apprentice

One of these movies is not like the others. :ph34r:

The Haunted Mansion? It had an African american lead..Eddie Murphy

This thread is dead as downtown Detroit. Man whats with this forum? Every summer no matter the weekend, these threads were crawling with people, it was summer.

Now a late May thread cant even get 13 pages before 10 eastern. It like not as many overall people log on anymore. It doesnt feel as "crowded." Am I alone on this feeling? Just saying, we're about to have a $40M+ opener and its a snoozer in here. Didnt feel this way a couple summers ago.

Is it the lack of superheroes? Oof...

• Like 2

This thread is dead as downtown Detroit. Man whats with this forum? Every summer no matter the weekend, these threads were crawling with people, it was summer.

Now a late May thread cant even get 13 pages before 10 eastern. It like not as many overall people log on anymore. It doesnt feel as "crowded." Am I alone on this feeling? Just saying, we're about to have a $40M+ opener and its a snoozer in here. Didnt feel this way a couple summers ago.

it's because this summer is predictable( in my opinion) like everything expected to shine shines and everything expected to flop has flopped

The Rock is a superhero. He eats like 1000 pounds of Cod every day. No mere mortal can do that.

• Like 2

"Tomorrowland" is done domestically if that number is really true.  I knew competition would hurt it's leg but it seems WOM isn't helping as people are skipping it for sure.   Congrats to The Rock. Not a mega opening but with solid budget he shows he can open a big summer movie.  And it's original.   Cameron's Crowe comeback "Aloha" had a grand opening and grand closing in the words of Jay Z.  

But those numbers are actually in line with every movie of his career sans "Jerry Mcquire".  I don't know about this release date.  This is something that should of released in the fall or early winter.  The Counter programming obviously failed.  Bradley that's two under performing drama's in a row.  "Adam Jones" prospects this fall I'm wondering about.   Lets see how the rest of the weekend shakes out. 

Edited by filmscholar

The Rock is a superhero. He eats like 1000 pounds of Cod every day. No mere mortal can do that.

He shows his workouts and diets on social media.  He's a monster and eats like a pig, lol.  But that doesn't matter cause he burns off whatever he eats. 

Because these threads aren't allowed to go off topic anymore. I remember threads where people would discuss for pages at a time what tv shows or tv movies they were watching on a Friday night.

• Like 3

"Tomorrowland" is done domestically if that number is really true.  I knew competition would hurt it's leg but it seems WOM isn't helping as people are skipping it for sure.   Congrats to The Rock. Not a mega opening but with solid budget he shows he can open a big summer movie.  And it's original.   Cameron's Crowe comeback "Aloha" had a grand opening and grand closing in the words of Jay Z.   I don't know about this release date.  This is something that should of released in the fall or early winter.  The Counter programming obviously failed.  Bradley that's two under performing drama's in a row.  "Adam Jones" prospects this fall I'm wondering about.   Lets see how the rest of the weekend shakes out.

Release date is fine. Normally you'd be right, and I think this was supposed to be a winter release...but the movie is apparently terrible, so that fall/winter date means jack shit when your movie is garbage.