#ED

Weekend Official Estimates: SA 53.2m, PP 14.4m, TL 13.8m, MMFR 13.6m, AOU 10.9m, Aloha 10m

I checked BOM disaster movies list and it has very small-scale destruction stuff like Apollo 13, Gravity, Vertical Limit, The Grey etc. I get Titanic, Poseidon's Adventure and Towering Inferno being disaster films even if it's just one ship or one building getting destroyed but Apollo 13 and Gravity?

I feel like the "disaster" part of Titanic is really such a small part it shouldn't be in there either. It's a Romantic Drama/Epic. Unlike something like Poseidon which totally was just a disaster movie and nothing else.

I checked BOM disaster movies list and it has very small-scale destruction stuff like Apollo 13, Gravity, Vertical Limit, The Grey etc. I get Titanic, Poseidon's Adventure and Towering Inferno being disaster films even if it's just one ship or one building getting destroyed but Apollo 13 and Gravity?

Humanity lost satellite communication and with the debris still going round and round, it's not like they can replace it any time soon, even ignoring the huge cost of doing it. The consequences of what happened in Gravity are huge.

• Like 2

How the hell did they keep the budget that low?  

And it's awesome to see Saturday increases for openers  That means that SA went up by about 35% on Saturday.  That's a terrific jump.

Humanity lost satellite communication and with the debris still going round and round, it's not like they can replace it any time soon, even ignoring the huge cost of doing it. The consequences of what happened in Gravity are huge.

I like how most people didn't pick up that whilst Bullock got a triumphant ending, the Kessler syndrome's chain reaction that has been triggered by the russian satellite debris meant we have lost all of our modern technological devices to communicate going back 60 years in the past, goodbye to cell phones, television, internet and BOT forum.(That last one would be really horrifying :P )

• Like 3

I like how most people didn't pick up that whilst Bullock got a triumphant ending, the Kessler syndrome's chain reaction that has been triggered by the russian satellite debris meant we have lost all of our modern technological devices to communicate going back 60 years in the past, goodbye to cell phones, television, internet and BOT forum.(That last one would be really horrifying :P )

Confirmed that Fury Road is actually a gravity sequel. there's no other way that the world would react to this.

• Like 10

Wow for SA and PP2.  I really thought TL would push past PP2 with all its family-ness.  Also, ALO is is still doing better than I expected, albeit by a decreasing amount.

• Like 1

Confirmed that Fury Road is actually a gravity sequel. there's no other way that the world would react to this.

I love it when nerds like us make connections like this.  It's all jokes of course, but it's a great observation.  I always thought HER was the sequel to Lucy.  Lucy becomes a computer at the end of the movie, she would naturally become HER.  

• Like 3

I got San Andreas right. I knew it was gonna do 50M+ OW.

Yeah, I called it as a breakout from the first trailer. Looked like exactly the kind of thing that would break out, especially with the action-light May (just Avengers and Max, really)

That's a huge Sat increase, great for it

• Like 1

I love it when nerds like us make connections like this.  It's all jokes of course, but it's a great observation.  I always thought HER was the sequel to Lucy.  Lucy becomes a computer at the end of the movie, she would naturally become HER.

Her is the sequel to Perks.

Her is the sequel to Perks.

But why though?  It's much more apropos to say ti's the sequel to Lucy.