grim22

The Meg | Aug 10 2018 | WB-China co-production | IMAX 3D | Jon Turteltaub directing. Jason Statham fights a shark. Li Bingbing replaces Fan Bingbing.

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

it is truly humbling to know that i am lucky enough to be alive on this planet to see the greatest piece of art in all creation on its opening weekend.

Fingers crossed TOG doesn't stan for it so the rest of us can enjoy it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

It takes itself way too serious

Do you mean it take not being a serious trailer at all in a too calculated/scientific tested way to appear as such mindless fun but didn't achieve to do it ?

The "Wrong", the dog, the this summer trailer moment, well the giant shark, the Wilson quip, pretty much everything was so little serious that you cannot imagine someone making a spoof of this movie, like Jurassic World didn't took itself seriously at all.

Has for the 150m budget rumors that a good question, apparently a lot of giant production went into it:

https://variety.com/2017/film/asia/meg-helps-new-zealand-kumeu-film-studio-1202001354/

That had a 156m budget that we can be sure about for a recent comparable:

Had a big paycheck director to pay, I imagine similar lead deal and some water production that tend to be costly. A lot of the fight with the shark/consequence of the shark attack money shoots were not in the trailer, I imagine after trailer #3 it could feel like a Deepwater horizon like budget.

43 minutes ago, Thematrixfilm said:

55/150

42 minutes ago, Thematrixfilm said:

Maybe it gets Cloverfield level hype for OW and has better legs.  Cloverfield adjusts to 51M OW (59 4day) at 3,411 locations $15,000 PTA, 102 total.

Perhaps Godzilla #s max.

90/270

OW range: 41-59 - 90*

Total range: 102-270

Edited by Thematrixfilm

I am really looking forward to this but I don't get the tone shift.  I get they are going campy but why invest 150 million into the film?  I kind of think they are making it out to be way more camp that it really is.  The book wasn't that campy at all.  I'm kind of confused by this.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i would like to meet the colossal dumbass who greenlit a $150million jason statham big shark movie and shake his hand. thank you.

That a giant group of people to have a party with.

Greenlight by high-exec (maybe even owner considering the size) of Flagship Entertainment, Gravity Pictures, China Media Capital, Warner Brothers.

It even have the Auckland Tourism, Events and Economic Development involved has a partner....

They built this in part for this movie, but it will be permanent:

https://www.aucklandnz.com/film/auckland-film-industry/film-studios/kumeu-film-studios

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

28 minutes ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

Movie shouldn’t be completely goofball, since it’s based off a serious book. I’m thinking this outgrosses Rampage.

a serious book about giant sharks & sea creatures? 😂 

Edited by Goffe

BKB is either having the time of his life right now or screaming betrayal. . . .

Coming for me, a major fan of the first two books, it's about time, even if it looks to only be 25% faithful to the book. At this point, I waited so long, so I'm happy I finally got SOMETHING. 

JUST KILL THE SHARK LIKE THEY DID IN THE BOOK. Audiences would go wild, especially if Statham did it.

Edited by Yandereprime101189