K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

If MoS and WWZ combined didn't steal Monsters U or DM2's thunder, I don't think this will steal IO's thunder.

Something everyone has to consider is that other than JW, the box office is going to be relatively dead next weekend. JW will only do $90-105 million for its 2nd weekend. Being Father's Day, something else has to make up the other $90-105 million. Most of that will be IO, with a little help from Spy and SA. 

Lol I'm sure WWZ ate away soooo much of MU and DM2's kid audience.

• Like 3

Two $90M+ weekends in the same weekend with a strong JW hold and a IO breakout. It's happening.

lol let's not get too crazy...I'd sign for $70m right now for IO for first ever two $70m in same weekend.

For what it s worth, every Hunger Games movie was badly predicted under wrong assumptions.

The 3 movies, each time, for different reasons.

Not CF. 

Many people predicted over $400m for CF. 

I hope it hits 70m today but I would be surprised if it increased that much. Most probably I see around 67-68m saturday and despite NBA(its nowhere close to MayPac level of impact) i dont see more than 15% drop. So something like 57-58m sunday.

It isn't just NBA. Game of Thrones season finale is Sunday night too. Goes after a lot of the same audience Jurassic Park feeds on (guys in their 20's to 30's). I think if it can match TA1's 18% Sunday hold that would be great considering the two events on Sunday night. That said, the spillover into Monday could lead to something insane like $25m or higher (a new non-holiday record).

Edited by redfirebird2008
  • Like 1

It isn't just NBA. Game of Thrones season finale is Sunday night too. Goes after a lot of the same audience Jurassic Park feeds on (guys in their 20's to 30's). I think if it can match TA1's 18% Sunday hold that would be great considering the two events on Sunday night. That said, the spillover into Monday could lead to something insane like $25m or higher (a new non-holiday record).

Meh. NBA and NHL both in non decisive Game 5s. If it was a game with clinching potential, I'd think otherwise.

• Like 2

1). Jurassic World (UNI), 3,274 theaters / $83M Fri. (includes $18.5M previews) / 3-day cume: $190M to $200M / Wk 1

2). Spy (FOX), 3,715 theaters (+4%)/ $4.77M Fri. (-53%) / 3-day cume: $15M to $15.8M (-45%) / Total cume: $56M / Wk 2

3). San Andreas (WB), 3,535 theaters (-277) / $3.1M Fri. / 3-day cume: $10.5M / Total cume: $118.85M/ Wk 3

4). Insidious Chapter 3 (FOC), 3,014 theaters (+12) / $2.65M to $2.8M Fri. (-74%) / 3-day cume: $7.6M to $8M (-65%) / Total cume: $38.7M / Wk 2

5). Pitch Perfect 2 (UNI), 2,677 theaters (-726) / $1.9M Fri./ 3-day cume: $5.7M / Total cume: $170.4M / Wk 5

6). Entourage (WB), 3,108 theaters (0) / $1.39M Fri. (-62%)/ 3-day cume: $4.17M (-69%) / Total cume: $25.7M/ Wk 2

7). Mad Max: Fury Road (WB), 2,234 theaters (-486) / $1.19M Fri. (-49%) / 3-day cume: $3.9M to $4M (-50%) / Total cume: $138.4M / Wk 5

8). Tomorrowland (DIS), 2,540 theaters (-472) / $1M Fri. / 3-day cume: $3.6M / Total cume: $83.8M / Wk 4

9). Avengers: Age of Ultron (DIS), 2,156 theaters (-315) / $1M Fri. / 3-day cume: $3.6M / Total cume: $444.7M / Wk 7

10). Love & Mercy (RSA), 573 theaters (+92) / $476K Fri. (-25%) / 3-day cume: $1.55M (-25%) / Total cume: $4.55M / Wk 2

Top 10 256m! Way, way up from 2014 and 13.

Why not? If theaters are all selling out, it pushes business from one day to the next. Sunday could have a fantastic hold just because there are still people who havent seen it due to sell outs. I think a really good sunday drop wouldnt be surprising given how massive this thing has become.

Because the same can be said for TA, except that it didn't have the same Sunday evening competition.  If the volume is high enough, it might match TA Sunday's volume but I doubt it matches the hold.

It'll do $24-27 million Mon so long as Sun is over $54-55 million. 

Really big. At least... $75M+ OW. $275M+ DOM.

I'm thinking $75 million OW, $350 million DOM. I think it'll be a solid opener with huge legs over the first three weeks. Minions will unfortunately nuke its late legs slightly, but the rest of July/August should be solid for it. 

Guys in their 20s-30s were not even born or young kids when the original opened though...

Edited by Poseidon

3 was a bad movie, was been there done that and coming off meh second film. This had perfect timing and 10+ years to forget about the last 2 films.

How can you forget: "Where is COOOOPERR?!!" "Cooooooper!!!!"